The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I really would like a Voltex Type 1 GT Wing does anyone know where to buy one or is there possibly a member who would want to sell theres? Also for sale if I can track down a Voltex Type 1 GT Wing is my 2010 exige wing. Chrome orange with a gloss black center. Again I dont know what these are worth but would $600 shipped be a fair starting point? Let me know

Wing that I am looking for

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Evasive Motorsports sells the Voltex Type I/II for $1400 with the Lotus mounts.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Evasive Motorsports sells the Voltex Type I/II for $1400 with the Lotus mounts.
This is correct. For reference, I just sold a used J's Racing Type 1 wing, same as Voltex Type II in a 1600mm with 195mm risers for $1400, local pick up, used in excellent condition (came off my S2000).

I think 1600mm might be a little too wide for the Lotus, might want to look in to a 1490mm wing.

Picked up a Voltex Type VII in 1600mm new from Evasive Motorsports last week & It ran me close to $2000, picked up at the shop in SoCal.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The OEM ones like yours sell for less than $300 mew unpainted :)
Correct, ill buy this one off you for $250 shipped :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. I'm seeing they are cheaper than I thought (the oems not the voltex) so I guess if they are coming unpainted for $300 then would $400 shipped for this one be an okay price given shipping cost and paint? Calling evasive tomorrow to see if they can help me out with the Voltex one. Anyone know how to plug holes in the clam and repaint without having to respray the whole entire clam?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Meh, gotta repaint it anyway so im out, glws :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Usually paint doesn't add to your value since most likely the buyer won't have your same color. But you might.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Do you track that car? If so did you have reinforce the clam? Is it stable above 120mph?
No I haven't tracked the car. I used huge washers at the mounting points. So far no issue. I run the car on some of the worst roads (NYC) which has to put a lot of rebounding stress on it but so far so good. Car feels pretty stable to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts