The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

My buddy and I are making some real carbon fiber front lips based on the design of Denag splitter. As of March 2012 they are out of business and this beautiful lip is no longer available. Personally, I think this is the best looking functional splitter in the market. And yes, you don't have to pay over $1900 to have it shipped from Japan, because we are making it here in California. Quality is our priority, and we guarantee that you do not have to deal with any "Made in China" fitment issue.

Here's the proposed pricing, please let us know if you are interested in this group buy so we can go ahead and start :)

$700 - 1 to 5 orders
$680 - 6 to 10 orders
$650 - 11 to 15 orders
$600 - 16+ orders
and possibly another level of discount if demand goes up.

interest

ELISE (9)
Michael
Shirp
Jonathan
MikeG911
Jinsokubee
alglez
chaforjohn
Deja Vu
drtonyprimo

ELISE exige looking lip (3)
GR82DRV
msweetnam
elise8206

EXIGE (9)
Ned M
bender unit
gorkoracing
Me!
ZQQM
Motorcitydak
Formulabob
Finman
6i9

photos of our first lip on Chris's car.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Is this for Exige's only? I'm wondering because the car pictured has what appears to be an Exige clam, or an Elise clam with the front winglets, license plate plinth, gap fill, and turn signal delete.

I think it looks great! I would grab one, but unfortunately my Exige budget is low for the time being...

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Whoa, didn't know Denag went out of business. -eek- If I didn't have the newer clam, I would be in on this so fast it would make your head spin. Great looking splitter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Been looking to stockpile some parts for installation over the Christmas holidays. Can you post up some more pictures? Not sure I feel this flows with the car. Does this work with the front plinth as Me! mentions?

·
Registered
742 Posts
My all time favorite lip. I would deff be interested in talking. My plinth is already shaved but just wondering does it fit on a stock clam?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Sucks that Denag went out of business though, didn't know about that :huh:?! Guess the Yen is too strong. But this is a great street/track front spoiler/lip. I would say the downforce levels are in between the Reverie style OEM front lip and the Reverie front race splitter.

I definitely felt an increase in front end grip and stability on the freeway and at the track. The side profile of the lip acts as a mild tire flick to prevent some air from entering the wheel well and the raised center section allows air to continue to the rear diffuser even under heavy braking so the rear remains somewhat stable.

Not sure if this can fit Elise clams, maybe Terry can confirm this?

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, right now the splitter is installed on the Exige clam. We can also make it fit on an Elise one if there's enough interest. Please let us know if you are interested at this price range. and here are some more shots.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like it. Does it use OEM mount points, do you have to put additional holes in the clam, or ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would enjoy one for the Elise.

Stupid question and I should Google this...can CF be painted? I prefer the body matched splitter look, but I'd probably Photoshop this first.

·
Registered
424 Posts
+1 on Elise fitment - looks great

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lip attaches to the clam thru special designed brackets that will be included. NO additional drilling required. Here i took a little note based on the people who are interested. We are just trying to get a survey done for now so no deposit required in case you are wondering :)

ELISE
Michael
Shirp
Jonathan
MikeG911

EXIGE
Ned M

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would enjoy one for the Elise.

Stupid question and I should Google this...can CF be painted? I prefer the body matched splitter look, but I'd probably Photoshop this first.
yeah! CF can definitely be painted. I heard from body shop that it's a tiny bit harder to match the color but is still doable.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Interested - Exige

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Depending on price, interested... Exige

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Depending on price, interested... Exige
$700 - 1 to 5 orders
$680 - 6 to 10 orders
$650 - 11 to 15 orders
$600 - 16+ orders
and possibly another level of discount if demand goes up.

this is the price (range) it'll not exceed $700 for sure.

We need at least 10 interest to do the Exige one and a little more for the ELISE because it needs some modification to the mold.

for the ELISE people, what do you think about this one at $450 ~ $550 cost?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts