The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Used – 5000 miles

Valving for Yoko A0005s & spring rates of 458/571 (not AO48s and 325/425 – different part numbers.)

Bespoke to Lotus – they differ from many of the aftermarket Ohlins coilovers for Elises and Exiges you see for sale.

Asking $1750

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
223 Posts
Our race shop is in NJ.
Interested, but price honestly seems a bit high for used Ohlins. I presume these were raced / tracked? What's the approximate life expectancy (in miles) for cup car coilovers? I believe the cost new is ~ $2500 (maybe a little more for the higher spring rate). Correct?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Very interested to hear your take on the JRZs as I've been considering Motons.
;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very interested to hear your take on the JRZs as I've been considering Motons.
;)
Don't mean to hijack thread, but motorsport or clubsport line? I want to start running slicks this year.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Don't mean to hijack thread, but motorsport or clubsport line? I want to start running slicks this year.
Both although my wallet would definitely prefer the Clubsports over the Motorsports I'm trying to rationalize.
;)

I'll be moving to slicks this year as well.
:up:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have this same model on my car. I use my car as a daily driver. The springs are pretty stiff, and it's a bit of a compromise on normal roads. But, I find having the 2-way adjustable to be well worth it. They perform waaayy better than the stock base suspension.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Used – 5000 miles

Valving for Yoko A0005s & spring rates of 458/571 (not AO48s and 325/425 – different part numbers.)

Bespoke to Lotus – they differ from many of the aftermarket Ohlins coilovers for Elises and Exiges you see for sale.

Asking $1750
Don, thats a great deal Lotus sells them for $4k they have special valveing just for lotus. I've driven them on your car and on the 255 and they work very well. carl

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I know Jack uses R888's these days with the stock shocks on his cup255. Is there supposed to be a problem/compromise running DOTR tires with these shocks?

I run the Ohlins track DA shocks on my car with R888's and, while I really like them a lot, have wondered what it would be like with higher spring rates like the Nitron Sport SA's have (which are even stiffer than the cup springs). I imagine if Nitron feels strongly enough that they would put such heavy springs on their shocks for DOTR's that these cup shocks should work fine unless there's something extraordinary about the valving.

·
Registered
378 Posts
dmh,

Are these still available? I am interested if they are.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOLD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts