The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Kenwood Subwoofer in the Exige. Its brand new and it hits VERY hard.

I however am more of a go fast person than a stereo person. So I'm considering selling. It sounds really good, I might keep it, but I thought I'd put out a feeler. I'd also consider trade for carbon fibre Exige bits.

I'd imagine it would fit in an elise too. It fits perfectly between the seats, is barely noticeable if at all, and has a control device for loudness and decibel wave range (50-120) I think.

I think it cost around $200.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Pics

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not sure which model he is talking about, but I have this one installed:
Kenwood KSC-SW10 Compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

It does not hit hard. But it does fill in the 60-100hz range, which allows one to appreciate the stockers a little more, since they do well enough with upper-mids and highs. It is strongest in the 70-80hz range I think, at least that's where I hear the most response.

I have typically been into audio gear in all my other cars, but I feel compelled to keep the Exige pure. This was a nice addition, easy install, compact, and it weighs only about 12lbs (which will be offset by my incoming 2bular exhaust). I'd recommend it as long as you don't want "thump" or even expect to really "feel" bass, but just to hear it much more clearly.

No pics on me at the moment (on a work trip, no pics on the web) but I'll post some later if folks are interested. Not much of a complicated install though... I have it velcro'd (I know, I know..but wait...) to the carpeted surface behind the driver's seat. The amp/sub sits vertically and perfectly fits within the groove of the backside of the driver's seat (not the driver's backside groove....-eek- the seat). I have a .5" piece of foam between the seat and the sub. No movement at all. The seat loses a couple notches of rearward motion but for me it sits perfectly (5'10", 30" inseam). The best part is it comes out real easy (5 mins) for track days.

I've actually considered contacting Kenwood to suggest they make a few small design changes to make it fit even better in our cars. It is so close now to being the perfect bass/audio mod for our Lotus. Maybe if there was enough interest submitted here they would go for it. Pie in the sky perhaps... but it's SOO close to being 100% perfect (an 1" or so thinner and it could sit perfectly behind either seat I bet.)

Again, not sure if that is what this guy is selling. OP should list the model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts