The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a driving light kit and the LED wouldn't stay on, turns out I bought a
light switch and the driving lights have its own LED. I need to buy the other one from BRG. If your interested, I will sell it for close to retail. Its brand new, so I don't want to loose too much money.

Let me know,

Zach

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Is this the panel or the switch itself. If its the panel, is it the one that would include the start button? I don't need the buttons, just the panel.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I bought a driving light kit and the LED wouldn't stay on, turns out I bought a
light switch and the driving lights have its own LED. I need to buy the other one from BRG. If your interested, I will sell it for close to retail. Its brand new, so I don't want to loose too much money.

Let me know,

Zach
Zach,

I'm starting to think that you have me on your ignore list... If you want to buy a switch from BRG for $$$ you can... if you want to save some $$ and buy an APEM (who manufactures the OEM switches) latching switch from somewhere like Digikey that is a lighted membrane switch just like the OEM switch... you can do that also. You may have to pick a color other than blue but here are the links again... post #6: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f322/help-driving-lights-115116/

You really just need any 12v latching switch, not a momentary switch like you have.

Is this the panel or the switch itself. If its the panel, is it the one that would include the start button? I don't need the buttons, just the panel.
carphoria, sounds like he just has the switch for sale here but he may have his old 2 hole panel available :shrug:... are you looking for a 2 hole panel (the one without the driving light switch) or a 3 hole panel (the one for the extra driving light switch)?

If it is the 2 hole and Zach isn't selling his, you need part number C121U0037F for about $27 - select #19: Lotus Garage - Interior Trim, Chassis Trim Panels

If it is the 3 hole, give Robert at BRG/LG a call and I bet he can get you one. Sorry I don't have the part number for the 3 hole panel itself.

BUMP so Zach can sell his momentary switch...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Zach,

I'm starting to think that you have me on your ignore list... If you want to buy a switch from BRG for $$$ you can... if you want to save some $$ and buy an APEM (who manufactures the OEM switches) latching switch from somewhere like Digikey that is a lighted membrane switch just like the OEM switch... you can do that also. You may have to pick a color other than blue but here are the links again... post #6: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f322/help-driving-lights-115116/

You really just need any 12v latching switch, not a momentary switch like you have.

carphoria, sounds like he just has the switch for sale here but he may have his old 2 hole panel available :shrug:... are you looking for a 2 hole panel (the one without the driving light switch) or a 3 hole panel (the one for the extra driving light switch)?

If it is the 2 hole and Zach isn't selling his, you need part number C121U0037F for about $27 - select #19: Lotus Garage - Interior Trim, Chassis Trim Panels

If it is the 3 hole, give Robert at BRG/LG a call and I bet he can get you one. Sorry I don't have the part number for the 3 hole panel itself.

BUMP so Zach can sell his momentary switch...
I'm looking for three holes. I'll reach out. Thanks man.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
There is no need for a driving light switch.

I wire the relay so those lights come on with my high beams.

In 40+ yrs of doing it this way, I've never been in a situation in which I wanted high beams w/o driving lights, or vice-versa.

Less wiring, no $ for switch too.

NOTE: Does not apply to fog lights.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to get back so late, I have been moving and everything I own at home and work is packed up.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts