The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price reduced - $33,750

This is a feeler ad, but for a serious buyer I may be willing to sell promptly. I am interested in selling because I am focusing on road racing, and the Elise doesn't really fit into those plans. The car is located in Pittsburgh, PA.

The car is a 2005, currently with a little over 12,000 miles. The car is in fantastic condition. Onefastlotus kept it super clean as have I, and we both maintained it religiously. There are a few rock chips in the starshield in front of the rear wheels and that's about it. The A/C works great, I've never had any problem with it freezing up or any of the usual complaints. All dealer service/recalls have been done. Overall this is a great example of an Elise with a proven history, you would be hard pressed to find a cleaner, sounder, or better example.

The only modification is a quicksilver exhaust. It sounds great, like a sportbike when it's on the 2nd cam. The car has a hard top and soft top. It has the sport and touring packs. The car will come with a set of the LSS wheels as well as black team dynamics wheels.

Obviously the car has been autox'd, where it is very competitive. It came 2nd nationally in SCCA SS and currently holds the SCCA TT track record for a door banger at the Beaverun Wilson circuit. If you aren't an autocrosser, don't let the fact that the car has been autocrossed scare you off; in this case it simply means that the car has been maintained and inspected much better than average.

I'll end the feeler with a few pictures of the car while it was in my ownership. Any questions feel free to PM me, email ([email protected]) or post here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
HA! I'd buy it back from you, but I just bought an Exige. Good to see she's still around and looking good.

Best of luck on the sale! She's a real special elise to me, and always will be.
I still remember picking her up after two years of being on the waiting list, was like Christmas morning. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA! I'd buy it back from you, but I just bought an Exige. Good to see she's still around and looking good.

Best of luck on the sale! She's a real special elise to me, and always will be.
I still remember picking her up after two years of being on the waiting list, was like Christmas morning. :D

Wow, awesome! Still have the yellow car?

The car is special to me as well, I still remember picking it up from your house and being scared to go over 55! It's obvious that you took great care of it, so thanks for that because I'm sure it's saved me some headaches over the past year. Anyways, good luck with with the new car! :up:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I am interested but traveling today. Will PM you tomorrow and call you

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I can vouch for this car. Extremely well taken care of and extremely fast for what it is. Bump for a great Elise!

Oh, and if only you had posted this about a month ago ;)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
A lot of us have driven this car. :)

She can do the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am interested but traveling today. Will PM you tomorrow and call you

Sounds great.

To all - thanks for the testimonials. I've really tried my best to uphold the car's reputation.

Oh, and Randy, I caught your sponsorship on the hood of a TDI cup car. Just thought you might like to know that we're paying attention to your advertising. :*)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had a few offers but nothing has panned out so far. Also, the car is now officially for sale.

·
Registered
68 Posts
D.R.,

Briefly, could you tell me why the Elise doesnt "fit" for roadracing?

I'm hot to buy one....and racing it, with some mod's, is part of my plan.

What's do you intend to replace her with?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Elise really only fits into one road racing class, T2, where it is not very competitive. Even if I wanted to run in T2 I would not do it with a Lotus due to the expense of fixing any body damage. Race cars get knocked around sometimes, it's a fact of life. With a normal production based race car you can repair it cheaply but for a Lotus a small impact does more damage and costs more to fix.

More importantly, I cannot afford to keep the Lotus while purchasing a truck and trailer. So, I plan to sell the Lotus, buy a used tow rig, and find a good, low maintenance race car. Currently I have my eye on a late 90s BMW 325is to run SCCA ITR. I will miss the Lotus every time that I have to drive a truck somewhere, that's for sure. But, selling the Lotus opens up a lot of doors to me since, in my opinion, racing is a better use of the money that I have invested in the Elise.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, my life has been crazy since I found a gig as a pro driver. The car is still very much for sale, with a new, friendlier price!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts