The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rolex Submariner: two-tone,18k Gold & Stainless Steel, date, slate "Serti" dial, automatic Chronometer (cal 3135), sapphire crystal, Ref. 16613, 40mm.

I don't really want to sell it but I hardly wear it nowadays. I own too many, 20+ watches. It's in excellent condition with the original warranty paper and box. I'm the second owner, bought it in June 2007 from watch store where the first owner traded it in. He bought it brand new in August 2006.

I'm considering of selling. What is a reasonable price, $7500-8500? The retail price is about $9,975. Ben Bridge Jewelers rep told me that Rolex increased their price by about 9% last September (?)

Any opinion?

Thanks.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your Submariner currently retails for $11,450 for a new watch. Check up recent sale prices on Ebay, as well as other sites such as Watchuseek.com | Watch Forums | On-line Watch Shopping | Horloges | Uhren | Montres | Orologio | Relojes | Relogios, Home Page - TimeZone, and Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum for great ideas about how much you should try to get for your watch. You can also consider advertising and selling your watch there as well. There are a couple of watches similar to yours on Ebay with asking prices in the low $7000 range. These look to be in mint condition, all original, with all boxes and papers, and from sellers with 99% or better ratings. These watches are currently selling new for around $9000 from non-authorized dealers. Since Rolex is coming out with a new Submariner soon (all gold this fall, stainless and gold/stainless next year), it would be a good idea to sell your watch soon. You won't get as much for it when people anticipate the release of an upgraded model. May is a great time to sell as watches like this make great graduation, anniversary, and wedding gifts.

Is the dial on your watch Rolex factory-installed? It looks like a nice watch.

Good luck on the sale!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your Submariner currently retails for $11,450 for a new watch. Check up recent sale prices on Ebay, as well as other sites such as Watchuseek.com | Watch Forums | On-line Watch Shopping | Horloges | Uhren | Montres | Orologio | Relojes | Relogios, Home Page - TimeZone, and Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum for great ideas about how much you should try to get for your watch. You can also consider advertising and selling your watch there as well. There are a couple of watches similar to yours on Ebay with asking prices in the low $7000 range. These look to be in mint condition, all original, with all boxes and papers, and from sellers with 99% or better ratings. These watches are currently selling new for around $9000 from non-authorized dealers. Since Rolex is coming out with a new Submariner soon (all gold this fall, stainless and gold/stainless next year), it would be a good idea to sell your watch soon. You won't get as much for it when people anticipate the release of an upgraded model. May is a great time to sell as watches like this make great graduation, anniversary, and wedding gifts.

Is the dial on your watch Rolex factory-installed? It looks like a nice watch.

Good luck on the sale!
Thanks for the great info. The Serti dial, along with everything else, on my Submariner is factory installed. I saw the new all gold Submariners going for about $18,000 - $25,000!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your watch is pretty sharp. The sapphires on the dial stand out with the blue bezel insert. It will only appreciate in value.

If I had not already pre-paid for an upcoming Sea-Dweller Deep Sea, I'd make you a great offer! :)

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your watch is pretty sharp. The sapphires on the dial stand out with the blue bezel insert. It will only appreciate in value.

If I had not already pre-paid for an upcoming Sea-Dweller Deep Sea, I'd make you a great offer! :)

Good luck.
Thanks, I really like it a lot also. It took me a long time to find it as I did not like the matching blue dial and bezel - too much blue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts