The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering placing my 2006 Elise on the market. Purchased one year ago from the second owner, it’s been a delight, but personal issues are precluding more than light use.

The stats:

- Storm Titanium over red leather
- 35,200 miles
- Touring Pack
- Traction control switch
- Soft top only
- Paint protection film ahead of the rear wheel wells only
- Fiber-reinforced chin protector plates
- New Yokohama tires at approx. 32k
- New trunk seal
- Reinforced internal headlight anchors
- Kenwood head unit
- Cloisonné Union Jack badge adjacent to the rear license plate
- Oil line recall complete
- Service records, including ECU printout from 2013

Issues:

- Some very slight paint chips between the nose badge and the radiator outlet
- A small tear in the fiberglass behind the front license plate
- A/C blows tepid (seeing a service tech on this matter shortly)
- Two m/f snaps for the trunk carpet adjacent to the plastic battery box need to be replaced

The car is in Albany, NY, and garaged.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
- A/C blows tepid (seeing a service tech on this matter shortly)
for your own benefit I wouldn't spend much on the AC if you ultimately plan to sell...

the AC on the Elige is notorious for being pretty underwhelming until you start insulating/messing with components under the front clam/cabin like this...

Improved AC

& I'm not so sure that a typical lotus tech is going to do that or even recommend that specifically

everything else seems pretty typical of a practically stock 35k mileage '05... assuming its a clean title?

I would say a good starting point is around that $30k mark (high 20's-low 30's) based on the fact its mid summer & the car is probably at its peak value this time of the year

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything else seems pretty typical of a practically stock 35k mileage '05... assuming its a clean title?

I would say a good starting point is around that $30k mark (high 20's-low 30's) based on the fact its mid summer & the car is probably at its peak value this time of the year
Yes, the title is clear. Also, it's an '06.

Thanks for the thoughts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a new owner (buyer) I've watched a few sit and many sell quick. You would be at a good place in the low 30's. The closer to 30 you are the faster she'd sell. Being and '06 a 30k ask would probably sell in just a few days, maybe just a few hours. You could probably get to get 33 to 35, maybe even a little more if patient and the right buyer is out there.

The summer window is starting to close though, especially in the Northeast.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. The car is now for sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
- Reinforced internal headlight anchors
What are these? I did a quick search and didn't find anything other than this thread. Are these for the actual headlights or the turn signals? The plastic headlight pieces do seem like they could benefit from some kind of reinforcement if that's what you did. Please do tell :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts