The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering placing my 2006 Elise on the market. Purchased one year ago from the second owner, it’s been a delight, but personal issues are precluding more than light use.

The stats:

- Storm Titanium over red leather
- 35,200 miles
- Touring Pack
- Traction control switch
- Soft top only
- Paint protection film ahead of the rear wheel wells only
- Fiber-reinforced chin protector plates
- New Yokohama tires at approx. 32k
- New trunk seal
- Reinforced internal headlight anchors
- Kenwood head unit
- Cloisonné Union Jack badge adjacent to the rear license plate
- Oil line recall complete
- Service records, including ECU printout from 2013

Issues:

- Some very slight paint chips between the nose badge and the radiator outlet
- A small tear in the fiberglass behind the front license plate
- A/C blows tepid (seeing a service tech on this matter shortly)
- Two m/f snaps for the trunk carpet adjacent to the plastic battery box need to be replaced

The car is in Albany, NY, and garaged.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
- A/C blows tepid (seeing a service tech on this matter shortly)
for your own benefit I wouldn't spend much on the AC if you ultimately plan to sell...

the AC on the Elige is notorious for being pretty underwhelming until you start insulating/messing with components under the front clam/cabin like this...

Improved AC

& I'm not so sure that a typical lotus tech is going to do that or even recommend that specifically

everything else seems pretty typical of a practically stock 35k mileage '05... assuming its a clean title?

I would say a good starting point is around that $30k mark (high 20's-low 30's) based on the fact its mid summer & the car is probably at its peak value this time of the year

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything else seems pretty typical of a practically stock 35k mileage '05... assuming its a clean title?

I would say a good starting point is around that $30k mark (high 20's-low 30's) based on the fact its mid summer & the car is probably at its peak value this time of the year
Yes, the title is clear. Also, it's an '06.

Thanks for the thoughts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a new owner (buyer) I've watched a few sit and many sell quick. You would be at a good place in the low 30's. The closer to 30 you are the faster she'd sell. Being and '06 a 30k ask would probably sell in just a few days, maybe just a few hours. You could probably get to get 33 to 35, maybe even a little more if patient and the right buyer is out there.

The summer window is starting to close though, especially in the Northeast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.