The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeler because I love this car... but I've also got car ADD... so a year is a long term relationship for me.

I'm in Dallas, TX.

The car is an 84 911 Turbo (930), Canadian spec. 1 of 77 built that year. 330hp stock. Has a 1 bar spring for a little more, but that was 134k km (about 83k miles) ago.

Originally white, repainted black. Paint is shiny still, but there are some chips and scratches.

This is a driver quality car, not a $50k garage queen. That said, it needs some work currently, but nothing major. Mostly some seals/gaskets/etc. Interior is in great shape.

It's a man's car. No power steering, barely power brakes, stiff clutch, "want to kill you" boost engagement, snap oversteer if you let off in a corner... All the things that make driving fun, amirite?

I'm looking for a NA Exige in Chrome Orange, blue (either), white :ST: (or other colors, but those are my preference). A supercharged one would be nice, but I'm thinking thats out of my "want to spend" range.. but I've been surprised before.

I've got the 930 for sale for $28k. I'm looking for an even trade or cash one way or the other for the right car (ie a higher mileage Elise that tickles my fancy I'd like some cash, but an Exige S in the right color with decent miles I can bring some cash (5-7k max). I don't mind track experience.

Ideally we'd be within driving distance (say 500-750 miles of each other). I drove the car back 2k miles from Cali over 2 days and that was a good time to get acquainted, but a bit rough on my sleep cycle :D

A picture to whet your appetite:

And an album of pictures from last month:
930 Recent Pics - Imgur

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Good choice in cars! Ive had my 84 930 for over 18 years. The lotus experience is completely different but tons of fun.

My biased view is that 930s are the coolest cars ever and are certainly future collectables.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya... my wife a doesn't really understand me. This would be the second car I got rid of this year that she really liked (e39 m5). With my ctsv daily... I'm getting pretty spoiled... but cars are my vice... I love em lol.

·
not your dad's puns
1,760 Posts
Ahh saw your ad on DFWAC, and was wondering what was next for you. Just make sure to bring it out to C&C whenever you get it. :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts