The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was thinking maybe magnetic blue or nightfall blue with red leather would have been a cool combo to order. Let's see if I still feel that way next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with storm titanium, which is sort of a "blah" color, but seems to have a bit more depth than regular silver so it could yield some good things once detailed.

Go for nightfall/red and make me jealous!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't like it - but strangest thing - NO ONE has PM'd me yet to ask me what color they should get! I guess my advice is not valued around here LMFAO! :D

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too Fred. One of the main reasons I did not go with some of the other nice looking colors.

Personally my favorite would be nightfall with saddle leather. :up: I do like biscuit, but wish it was either more brown/tan or very light, like an ivory cream.

That isn't available, so something like this might be a little different. Don't have the cojones to order it, and I bet the sales person might even try to convince me otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with Fred as well. Understated exterior color lets me drive the car more frequently amongst other things. Biscuit contrasts the predominantly black interior just right. The sparse use of leather makes the interior color less dramatic in any color selection. Red is reaching but might work well.

Are we talking cajones or common sense? Most times they don't go together.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually ordered that combo (Laser/Red). But that night I played around in Photoshop and got worried about the shades and such. Next day I called and changed order to Laser/Black.

Someone (I think it was Joecoool) did order that combo though and should be getting the car in next few months so we should see.

edit -- Opps, nevermind. I thought this was a Laser Blue / Red discussion.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
trifecta99 said:
Biscuit contrasts the predominantly black interior just right.
Agreed, but it doesn't seem to go as well with the exposed aluminum everywhere.

Hmm, maybe that's why the touring pack got extra carpet?!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
MattG said:
Agreed, but it doesn't seem to go as well with the exposed aluminum everywhere.

Hmm, maybe that's why the touring pack got extra carpet?!
I was worried about the biscuit/aluminum/black/NFB contrast inside the cockpit but having the car I really don't think it clashes. The Aluminum is the floor and the pedals and it lets you know you've got something special in this car, the other colors actually go well together.

Vantage, what color is that AM? that is a beauty of a blue! Saddle leather we got to save for the next car !:clap:

Trifecta, I agree as well. Black/ Black or Black/biscuit were my first choice to get the Liz in and having seen the Balck/ biscuit combo in person I would have to say that the black/biscuit is #1, just beautifull.:bow:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
My suggestion is to go with the brightest color you can live with. If you drive much on the highway or on other multilane roads you will run into drivers that will try to change into your lane while you are already there...colors like ST blend in like wallflowers. Brighter colors do help here, as does a loud aftermarket horn and paying attention yourself so that you can try to avoid such positions relative to the other cars as much as possible. With my other Lotus (bright red Europa) I would occasionally need to drive off the edge of the road or change into another lane myself when this happened. This is a nonissue for "normal" cars by comparison. Another good thing to do is to use a louder exhaust - this really helps out the motorcycle folks, they say.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Fred,
Rumor flying around among Elisetalkers during the LA Auto Show, was that the DB9 featured at the same show was our famed Nightfall Blue Metallic. Not sure if there is any truth to that, but they look similar. Only you may know for sure.

I know the AM dealer around these parts keeps PPG books handy in case you want to order any color from the past 60 years. ;)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Vantage said:
Hi Fred,
Rumor flying around among Elisetalkers during the LA Auto Show, was that the DB9 featured at the same show was our famed Nightfall Blue Metallic. Not sure if there is any truth to that, but they look similar. Only you may know for sure.

I know the AM dealer around these parts keeps PPG books handy in case you want to order any color from the past 60 years. ;)
Vantage I knew I liked the color in that picture .:D The sales person at Palm Beach Motor cars told me that NFB is a color that originally came from the Aston line.
She also told me that on the Aston we could pick any color from any manufacturer and Aston would paint the car in that color at no extra charge! or else custom colors i.e. the color to match your favorite underwear could also be ordered for an extra charge. Aston takes 1st prize on custom ordering! but I'm not certain they are going to do that on the AMV8 at least for the price point people have been guessing the car is going to come out. We shall see in another year or so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts