The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all,

I've been off the forum for a while now, mostly due to the fact that nothing really happens here in MN until the ice melts which was late this year and the fact that I've been waiting on some custom parts.

I am looking to gauge interest in a CF rear deck lid/engine cover for the Exige; as some of you know the stock part (without spoiler) weighs in a over 20lbs! The part I am developing with my local cf race shop will be more of a track part and although finished off extremely nicely will not include support for the stock spoiler (this support structure adds a bunch of weight on the lotus part) or the trunk latch. It will be designed to be used with hood pins or Dzus fasteners. Instead of the wire mesh it will incorporate vented lexan panels similar to what Ferrari did with the F40.

The target weight is 5lbs and the price will be around $1500 if I can put together a group buy of 5 or more. Please let me know if you have any questions or interest.

I have also just finished developing a CF/Kevlar roof with extended scoop for the Exige that weighs 9lbs; I'll be picking up the finished part today and should have pics up by the end of the week. The price on this roof should be just under $3,000, more to follow.

My new engine, built by forcedfed, will be going in next week. Basics are forged internals, sleeved block, custom 10.5:1 pistons, upgraded valve springs and valves and ported head. I'll be having Casey tune the car with some more aggresive mapping and a smaller pulley.

My custom wheels should be here today, stock sized up front and 10" rears; I'll post pics as soon as tonight. Then I will take measurements for the rear clam widening.

This "winter" project seems never ending right now!! I'm looking forward to getting the car on the scales as I've removed a bunch of weight already.

Sean.

·
shay2nak
25,052 Posts
I'd be interested, but I want to retain the stock wing base and chicken wire. I want to add the Reverie small wing later.

Cant wait to see how this turns out.
+1

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be interested, but I want to retain the stock wing base and chicken wire. I want to add the Reverie small wing later.

+1
With this first iteration we will not have support for the wing base; it's really more of a race part designed for lightness when the wing has been moved back on the clam.

I'll keep all informed on progress!

·
shay2nak
25,052 Posts
With this first iteration we will not have support for the wing base; it's really more of a race part designed for lightness when the wing has been moved back on the clam.

I'll keep all informed on progress!
i may decide to have the wing attached to the rear clam as well, but looking forward to your finished product nonetheless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts