The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you following Lotus? Use this for your next digital marketing strategy. Free marketing demographic analysis. Join the forum and follow us :) great thread btw

1. Chiropractor, business consultant, lawn company, entrepreneur
2. Passionate about church, missions and being an uncle of 2 and 5 year old.
3. Not my DD
4. Late Gen X

·
Registered
24 Posts
What can I say, I like to keep good things alive @Mobius97 :D

I agree @mump! I love my GTI and its the least desirable model. Nothing a few bolt-ons, suspension upgrades, and an APR tune can't fix ;)

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
- Airline pilot
- bowhunting is my ultimate passion
- Definitely not a DD (in storage during the winter)
- Gen X

·
Registered
365 Posts
- 3D Artist/ Animation
- Drones (own a small drone business)
- DD for 6 months then bought a Smart Car for the daily long hauls.
- I have no idea.. '86

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had to copy the question, if not I would have forgotten while answering :p.

1. What do you do for a living?
IT Engineer, turned Entrepreneur and Marketing guy.

2. Besides your Evora, what is your main obsession? (that "thing" you're into)
Family, as we have 4 kids. All the other stuff I used to do has taken a proverbial back seat.

3. Is your Evora a daily driver?
No (did I mention the 4 kids?)

4. What generation are you?
Gen-X

·
Loves to talk
890 Posts
I'm a retired boomer. I was in pro audio for 40 years and been married to my lady for the last 36. I like motorcycles, wooden boats including working on them, music, astronomy, sailplanes, history, cooking and just about anything else that involves stuff that goes round and round or can travel. Forty years in the gear business didn't destroy the enjoyment I still get from audio and recording. We have a full supply of daughters (3 full time, one prodigal). Two of them share my interest in music and recording which is nice.

I spent 20 years restoring a 1938 50' foot Monk bridgedeck cruiser (Rita) which reappears in the video at 1:15. It says something about me that I devoted so much time and money to such a fruitless task but it was fun while it lasted.

I enjoy LotusTalk as a diversion and escape from the excitement and drama of livin' in the USA.

When I grow up I hope not to be vapid, overly materialistic or superficial but I've already failed at that and have lately been seeing parallels to the rise and fall of Rome.

Finally, a confession. I dislike my screen name. I invented it as a whim when I first visited the board trying to decide if buying a Lotus was a smart thing to do. I didn't actually expect to buy a Lotus or stick around here so my screen name didn't seem to matter at the time. Turns out I should have been less cavalier about that.

I hope that wasn't TMI for ya'll but my name is LO(tus)QUATIOUS after all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
1. Geophysicist in Oslo, Norway
2. Ice Hockey (in Texas!)
3. No, It's gathering dust in a garage in Houston (unfortunately)
4. Gen X '72

·
Registered
77 Posts
1. Sales and service executive for a semiconductor capital equipment company.
2. Anything with a motor, cars, motorcycles, scooters, UTV's, general aviation. I also enjoy technology, good food, great wine and travel.
3. As long as I enjoy driving the Evora I'll drive it daily, weather permitting. I still have my Boxster, MINI, X3, 2 motorcycles, 4 Vespa's and I have a 2018 Wrangler JLUR on order. My biggest issue is I've run out of garage space. Note to self: you need to downsize the number of toys.
4. Boomer (1956).

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
1. Tech director of a company I own a small part of
2. Working on any car. I don't care what it is, I just find it completely different than my Monday thru Friday.
3. Not a daily driver, 150 mile round trip commute.
4. Generation X

·
Registered
110 Posts
1. Tech OPS Manager for Major Airline
2. Racing, Track days with my GT4, Golf and Wine
3. Shared DD duties with GT4
4. GenX

·
Realtor
66 Posts
1. Realtor
2. Off-roading, hockey, snowboarding... I love cold weather sports, but live in Arizona.
3. Yes (as a realtor), my fiancée and I have 3 cars between us. I drive our Jeep TJ a fair amount too and our Jag (her daily) when I have clients to drive around.
4. Millennial... ‘85

·
Registered
238 Posts
1. IT Architect
2. Have fun with my family and kids (4)
3. Yes, but I work at home and I also have an Exige and Acura RSX type S to rotate among.
4. GenX

121 - 140 of 164 Posts