The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rear flare on my Elise from Hethel, but the narrow type, a little bit tight for my needs with Hoosier R7 245-40/17.

Looking for information about the rear flare from industrygarage. Look great, but they don’t supply flare width info. Also, look great for street, but not sure about how the tire clear the fender when the wheel move up a lot.

Any inputs here? I did not see info after searching, except on YouTube, but more kids funny things.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For 2k, it's not a bad price. I made my own and would gladly pay that much just to get them in the mail. Just by looking at them, I'm positive they'll fit a 245 with no issue.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where I am not sure is the fender is large close to the wheel, but fender ramp angle is not that much. But the wheel move up with a lot of added camber to clear the fender. I am just fully sure that they did the design for wheel real travel, or move for looking purpose. I agree, 2k is not a bad price. The Hethel stuff from GRP, the widebody look great also, but maybe too extreme, too large, and the front flare is average looking.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I just cut my clam and riveted on the $100 miata fiberglass flares. It's not pretty but its fast and I spent the money on going faster :) Fits 245 40 17 Hoosiers at a very low ride height.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Also - Do your uprights and brakes allow you to fit a 15x10 wheel? It works well with a 245 Hoosier and in my testing I prefer how it drives to a 245 on a 17x9. Unfortunately 15's don't work with the eliseparts race uprights.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just cut my clam and riveted on the $100 miata fiberglass flares. It's not pretty but its fast and I spent the money on going faster :) Fits 245 40 17 Hoosiers at a very low ride height.
Lol... unfortunely, i am using the car track and street, living on downtown Montreal... mean the car needs to be enough clean to not attract too much the cups... the car do maybe not comply with all street rules... and the car is set not enough low ride since I need to access the street with few bump. The splitter is at around 2.5 inches from the ground... limit limit limit...

Yes and no for the upright, I am using custom upright at the rear, 15mm offset, with bumpsteer adjustment... the bolt fit very tight with 16 wheel (my rain wheel are 16 Rear). EP front upright 16mm offset.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Have you tried the 245s with the stock fenders? I used to run Hoosier A6 245s on a 17x9" wheel with no issues on my Elise. It was lowered. Are you planning to cut your clam?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have already flare at the rear, but still too tight with the R7. R7 are a lot wider than R6 for the 245-40-17. But i am touching already a lot my rear flare, but a big crack caused by the tire. I am also very close with the frame. This is why I am looking for the flare from industrygarage.

Reactions: glagola1

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From industrygarage, The flares add about 40mm up front and 50mm in the rear.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered, I will see what it look and the real wheel clearance. I am doing that kind of job typically during the winter, but at the moment, I don't know yet when the race track will be open... caused by the Covid-19. I ordered wheel from XXR, model 527. 15x8 front (to fir 225 front tire), 17x9.75 rear (to fit 275 rear tire). I will let you inform, when installed, I will move the wheel fully up to confirm how it fits.

Reactions: glagola1

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just received the flares week, later than expected. Anyway, the installation was postpone until the track season is finish, since my tires set-up for the summer was set. Tires for up to September track day. The finish is pretty good. The fenders came no predrilled, and no hardware, the website saying that the fender are ready to install and hardware included.

The wheel will be XXR527 15x8 front, 17x9.75 rear. The wheels are a little bit heavy. The goal is to use 225 front tires, 275 rear. Now I am using R7 205/245 combo. Funny aspect of my case, my trailer width is limited... it will be tight...

When I will start the installation in October, I will try to take pics... typically I don’t take a lot of pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts