The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to do the oil line recall before doing my K swap. I was purely being proactive and there was no problem prior to the recall. Then, I received the car back and it was leaking. Lotus of Scottsdale (after some protest) paid to have the car shipped back up there from Tucson and "fixed it". The car appeared to be fine, but after running the engine for the first time the thermostat got warm enough to open oil flow to the cooler and it LEAKED AGAIN. Lotus of Scottsdale is no longer open so I called Ferarri of Scottsdale and spoke to a man who used to work for the Lotus dealer before they closed pretty much confirmed that they are scumbags. The leak appears to be coming from the core itself so maybe they broke it while replacing the fittings. They definitely broke it though and they are definitely not fixing it. Lotus Cars of America say they will address the issue by inspecting the oil cooler and having it shipped one way to San Diego since that is the closest dealer now. Beats nothing I suppose.

Just venting.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm surprised they even would work on a Lotus. I lost my headlight washer cover and they said they couldn't help.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I know. I've been ranting that we don't have a dealer here since January because I can't go 90 days without a warranty issue. I need to have an oil line recall too. They haven't responded bur after hearing your issues, I'll take it to West Covina Lotus when they open.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lotus support

Ron Mann was a little helpful to me, maybe he can help you too. His number at Lotus Support is 1 800 245 6887

Good luck with your issues. I'm going to pay out of pocket to get this fixed and if it can't be fixed I may just get a new oil cooler or two custom fabbed.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
The Lotus dealer in Las Vegas has some good reviews. Maybe they can help. A new Lotus dealer will be opening up in West Covina (L.A.) soon.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Let me see if I have this straight.

1. You took your car to a Lotus dealer to have work performed.

2. You are not happy with the work.

3. The Lotus dealer is now out of business.

4. You called a Ferrari dealer for advice.

5. You spoke to a former employee of the now defunct Lotus dealer who supported your assertion that the former company was shady.

6. You therefore decide to start a thread on an Internet forum declaring that the FERRARI dealer shafted you.

Sorry. How did we get to #6?

·
Registered
708 Posts
While you're waiting, consider spending $13 for the Toyota block adapter and just remove the oil cooler until they can fix it. I've been running this way, considering having the oil line recall done, but just don't see a reason.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Just got word that there's a new dealer in the works in the Phoenix area. I'll keep you posted as I hear more.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just got word that there's a new dealer in the works in the Phoenix area. I'll keep you posted as I hear more.
subscribed! I need a new shop! Sorry to hear about your experience, OP. My experience with Penske's LoS was great in the beginning. I stopped going there because I found a decent mechanic near me. But he eventually turned out to be a prick.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Let me see if I have this straight.

1. You took your car to a Lotus dealer to have work performed.

2. You are not happy with the work.

3. The Lotus dealer is now out of business.

4. You called a Ferrari dealer for advice.

5. You spoke to a former employee of the now defunct Lotus dealer who supported your assertion that the former company was shady.

6. You therefore decide to start a thread on an Internet forum declaring that the FERRARI dealer shafted you.

Sorry. How did we get to #6?
I wish there was a "like" button.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Well, Lotus USA did reach out to me when I posted my little rant about not having a dealership here.

Now, I want to emphasis I don't know what stages they are with the prospective dealer but I was told it's very likely to happen (maybe final approval stage with UK or contract signing stage?) though setting up a dealership is not as quick as anyone would like. The pending dealership is Brighton Motorsports also in Scottsdale, AZ: Home Page | Brighton Motorsports | Collector Cars | Scottsdale, Arizona I'm not sure if I'm suppose to disclose this information, but I imagine, if it was confidential, they would not have told me - or at least tell me not to disclose it at this time.

Also, if you're in the Los Angeles area, West Covina Lotus should be opening up soon.
Lotus of West Covina | New Lotus dealership in West Covina, CA 91791

1 - 15 of 15 Posts