The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Elise Lovers.

My father has decided he no longer needs his Ferrari. He's in his 60s and is internet challenged ... so I was asked to list it in various places.

It's a 1979 308GTS. It's a super-clean concours car w/ only 15k original miles. Red/tan leather. Awards to back up it's concours quality claims. Will be sold with fitted cover, bra, seat savers, etc. The car is immaculate.

I think my decision to sell my S4 and M3 inspired him to downsize and get rid of stuff he really doesn't use / need.

He's looking for $40,000. This is the last of the carbeurated 308 cars ... before they were Fuel Infected and had their BHP reduced.

If you're seriously interested, contact me here and I'll put you in touch with him or arrange a showing.

Pics? Yeah.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations on the sale of your M-3.I should have taken a look at it.The 308 looks very nice( I had a 78 GTS in the early 90's) but I think $40k might be steep,even for a perfect pre -fuel inj. car .Just my opinion and I would love to have another one,even though it spent more time being driven by my mechanic than by me!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hans, 40k is a bit steep, my 86 328 GTS was in the $45 k price range and that was back in 96. late 70s 308s in real world prices are around low-mid 30s.

You might try placing the ad in Ferrari Market Letter, do a web search, they'll send you a sample copy and you can get some idea of the market.

308 and 328 are gorgeous cars!!!

Chris

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Their is a 81 308GTSi for sale in the local paper and the person is asking $28K, and it was recentlty serviced, but the ad says its a daily driver, so I dont know how many miles it has on it or if it is in good shape..

Kbb.com and nada.com are good resources to find out values, but Kbb.com seems to generally give lower values.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I sold my "driver" 1982 308 GTSi in 2000 for $26K. It had 88K miles on it, a rebuilt motor, Tubi exhaust, Titanium shift gate and shift knob, and a Ferrari 348 steering wheel. That was good money then for the car. I'd suspect a pristine, low-mileage, carbureted 308 GTS might be in the low-to-mid $30K range...

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
You are correct.I would like a another 308(either carbed or a QV) so I subscribed to the Ferrari Market letter a few minutes ago. If I read the price index correctly it looks like 78-79 have asking prices of about 30k.I'm sure if this car has full records and is perfect, it might be worth a bit more.Thanks for your help.I should remember what a friend with a 328 told me years ago: "I can afford to buy a Ferrari but I can't afford to own one".

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Later Apex said:
Yes price too high... give ya $25 for it!
I'll go $45, but don't tell my wife. I'm not supposed to buy any more cars before the Lotus comes!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A couple of wise guys eh??? I've had a few of Porsches( and still do ) 2 Europas,a bugeye etc. but I've only had 1 Ferrari and it was definitely a love/hate relationship.If you have some constructive advice I'm more than willing to listen

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Later Apex said:
Yes price too high... give ya $25 for it!
You need to get a job first!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stuckie-If your dad is negotiable,I am interested.An Italian friend once told me "Owning a Ferrari is like having a mistress.They require constant attention but you wouldn't want to be without one"... Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts