The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations on the sale of your M-3.I should have taken a look at it.The 308 looks very nice( I had a 78 GTS in the early 90's) but I think $40k might be steep,even for a perfect pre -fuel inj. car .Just my opinion and I would love to have another one,even though it spent more time being driven by my mechanic than by me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
You are correct.I would like a another 308(either carbed or a QV) so I subscribed to the Ferrari Market letter a few minutes ago. If I read the price index correctly it looks like 78-79 have asking prices of about 30k.I'm sure if this car has full records and is perfect, it might be worth a bit more.Thanks for your help.I should remember what a friend with a 328 told me years ago: "I can afford to buy a Ferrari but I can't afford to own one".

·
Registered
32 Posts
A couple of wise guys eh??? I've had a few of Porsches( and still do ) 2 Europas,a bugeye etc. but I've only had 1 Ferrari and it was definitely a love/hate relationship.If you have some constructive advice I'm more than willing to listen

·
Registered
32 Posts
Stuckie-If your dad is negotiable,I am interested.An Italian friend once told me "Owning a Ferrari is like having a mistress.They require constant attention but you wouldn't want to be without one"... Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.