The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hmmmm let's see, ~$250 fine, *or* jail time + fines + court costs for assault with a deadly weapon (or whatever the prosecutor wants to throw at this guy), on a police officer no less. Somehow I don't things are going to end well for the Mr. Ferrari in this case.

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
What was that kid thinking???

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
What was that kid thinking???
If I'm not mistaken, that spot is the loading/unloading zone for the Mercer Hotel. I'm not sure it's officially designated as such, but you always see that space "open" (note the traffic cones).

Just to give you an idea of the clientele, Russell Crowe famously threw a phone at a concierge in the lobby a few years ago (supposedly settled for $11M).

I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up as a case of "diplomatic immunity" (and a very well compensated NYPD officer)... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
A few more facts? Also, no front plate? Also, there's no such thing as a valet zone in NYC. People do leave their cars in front, and the valet is supposed to move them quickly, but of course, such rules don't apply to certain persons/cars, except when they do.

From ClubLexus site:

A video has hit the Internet today detailing perhaps the douchiest interaction between a Ferrari owner and an NYPD officer’s foot to ever happen outside the Mercer Hotel.

The owner of the $257,000 red Ferrari 458, Julien Chabbott, accused of the foot smashing, could very well be the same man who co-founded the fittingly named “Line Snob” smartphone app (which aims to “tackle” waiting in lines—or crush it with a coupe tire).

In the video, filmed by bystander Damian Mory, Police Officer Felix Recio is filling out a ticket for Mr. Chabbott’s car for parking in a no standing zone, for not having a registration sticker, and for not having an inspection sticker, according to an NYPD spokesman and the criminal complaint.

Officer Recio told Mr. Chabbott “I’m writing you a summons. Please stand on the sidewalk,” according to the criminal complaint.

Mr. Chabbott, 28, of Midtown South, first tried to ****** the summons out of Officer Recio’s hands, then walked inside 147 Mercer Street, the address for The Mercer Hotel, the criminal complaint adds.

Mr. Chabbott, who was reportedly there with girlfriend (and former “The Hills” player) Stephanie Pratt, then returned to the car to announce “I’m leaving.”

Mr. Chabbott was “specifically told by the officer to not get into the car and to not leave, and that’s exactly what he did,” the NYPD spokesman added.

What happens next is, well, see for yourself:

Mr. Chabbott was arrested and charged with second-degree assault (a felony charge), vehicular assault, obstructing governmental administration, and disorderly conduct, the NYPD said.

As for Officer Recio: “He has an injury to his left foot and right hand, he was treated and released, and is out on an injury, out of the line of duty,” the NYPD spokesman added.

He plead not guilty to charges in Manhattan Criminal Court this morning.

·
Registered
954 Posts
As for Officer Recio: “He has an injury to his left foot and right hand, he was treated and released, and is out on an injury, out of the line of duty,” the NYPD spokesman added.
Is that injury the result of punching the window? LOL
Also, did they taze the driver? He looked unconscious for a while.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Of course if the car were an Elise or Exige, the officer would not have felt the car on his foot.
Wouldn't make things right, but I am just saying...
vincesf

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that injury the result of punching the window? LOL
Also, did they taze the driver? He looked unconscious for a while.
No Tazing.. he's just realized he fuched up and want's to play nice now..too late lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looking at the video. The police is so stupid to intentionally put his foot in front of the tire. He could just step in front of the car to stop it from leaving. Im my personal opinion, I think he intended to do it for his personal reasons... $$$$$! Have you noticed that he is walking normal when he pulled the driver out. Then after seeing people taking videos.. He started to act that his foot really hurts.. Hehe.. He is planning to have an early retirement!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If cops didnt give speeding/traffic tickets, they would be revered as heros, and enjoy the praise typically applied to firemen. But no, douchebag cops speed to catch speeders, and cops crash as frequently as speeders... The cop in this video faked an injury, and vandelized the guys car. Therefore we must conclude that cops are total douchebag dickheads.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I feel like the ferrari owner and cop in this video are in a neck and neck tie for who is the bigger douch.

Man the italia is such a beautiful car. It really is ferrari's sexiest modern car.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If cops didnt give speeding/traffic tickets, they would be revered as heros, and enjoy the praise typically applied to firemen. But no, douchebag cops speed to catch speeders, and cops crash as frequently as speeders... The cop in this video faked an injury, and vandelized the guys car. Therefore we must conclude that cops are total douchebag dickheads.
Ahhh no, the cop here gave fair warning and told him to stop. I call it like I see it, the driver was the douche bag. The cop was doing his job. The car was illegally parked and the driver thought he was being cute. This was not the cops fault.

I think it is a bit presumptuous to say the cop "faked an injury". You cannot see that for sure. He did not "vandalize the guys car" he punched the window and rightfully so.

I think the cop was being pretty fair about it. This guy was just being a young rich punk. That is not the way to handle yourself when dealing with a law enforcement issue, particularly when you are in the wrong. Man up and accept the ticket you know you are responsible for.

·
Registered
539 Posts
In the video it is clear that the officer gave the guy clear instructions to a) not get in the car and b) not to drive off. He did both and deserves what he gets ... especially hitting the cop and potentially running over his foot. I've actually had this happen to me before (guy ran over my foot and hit my leg) and I can tell you that when you have the adrenaline going, you don't feel anything at first. I felt the pain only 10-15 minutes afterward and my foot was bruised (not severely). So it is very plausable that the cop was responding to the incident and only felt the pain after the adrenaline wore off. In any case ... lesson here is if a cop tells you to do something, you do it ... unless it is endangering yourself or others.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
stupidity knows no bounds.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The cop one upped the owner, and took it to full retard. The only thing more stupid than trying to casually use your foot as a wheel chock on a car that's already in motion, is pretending that a lightweight car running over your foot hurts in even the slightest bit. (did it even go over his foot?)

The owner was obviously being a prick, but instead of dealing with it in a professional manner, the cop decided to throw a tantrum. Charging this guy with assault is a joke. I'd consider the cop to be a bigger danger to society.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
The driver was a dick just asking for trouble when not having a registration, inspection, and front plate. The cop was a, well, all NYPD cops are dicks. It's just how it is.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts