The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the moderate interest in my section of pictures at last year's Ferrari Festival at Circuit Mont Tremblant, I decided to host the group of pictures from this year's event and share them here again.

Unfortunately, there was far more Challenge cars and less historic racers this year, but it was still fun to attend.

I've got far more experience with a decent camera this time, so the shots are far better. All photos by me except near the end, when noted.

Here they are.

Upon arriving, we immediately parked and started watching the Ferrari Challenge cars do a few practice laps.

We continued moving along the infield fence to find some better views. We were both amazed at how accessible the track was.

We then crossed over to the outside to visit the paddock area to get a closer glimpse of the cars getting off the track and the mechanics who worked on them.

Soon after, the sound of the vintage racers filled the air and we went trackside to spectate the decade-old monsters tear up the track. There were a pair of 250GTOs, a 288GTO, some older LM racers and other older street cars.

We then went back to the infield and watching from a bridge going over an uphill section of track. Because the bridge is level and the track is sloped, you can get a wicked-good view of the cars as they pass by. The other three corners of the bridge also offered excelent spots to watch the aciton.

This is Ferrari of Ontario's green Reebok Hockey-sponsored ride.

Some pretty close action.

Back on the other side of the track, we had a vantage point of a tall hill to watch from. We would've liked to watch the race from here because it looked like an easy passing zone, but nothing like that was going on during the practice and qualifying laps.

I decided to rest the camera on a fencepost to get a sequence of shots, and later stitch them all together. It worked out pretty good, I guess. I think the camera shoots 2.5 frames per second, so this'll give you a little idea of the speed the cars took this corner (although I do believe that this is the second-slowest of the track).

Again, I cannot tell you how amazing this track is in person. It's nature-enclosed setting make it amazing for both drivers and spectators.

Back to the infield to grab something to eat and get a glimpse of the historic racers.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back over to the hill to watch the other section of track while the historic cars were still out, but this time it was the drum-brake models. These things looked like far more difficult to drive over the newer, lower racers.

It looks like he's drifting a bit in this shot, but he's just on a later line.

This thing looked like a handful to drive, the pilot constantly slicking in some opposite.

And back around to the front straight again.

After that, it was time for the Challenge race to start. The drivers are often rather inexperienced and lack racing judgement, so it was rather entertaining watching them spin out or crash like a 12-yearold's birthday party at the go-kart track.

Some passing carnage. This driver got black-flagged but ignored it and kept racing.

One of two spins by the same driver right infront of us.

Nice little pair of Porsches in the infield parking lot. My friend took the rest of the following shots because I was getting ready for a ride on-track in a 348 Spyder.

Some post-race carnage:

And the parked historic cars

Enjoy!

·
shay2nak
25,069 Posts
wow, thanks!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
brilliant!

·