The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I have to say, while I think that thing is a bit of a horror show, Ferrari is off its prancing rocker. Who the hell are they to tell an owner what to do with his/her property? I'm a Tifosi through and through, but please!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
And let me add, if Ferrari should be suing anyone to remove badging from a car for "for infringing the Ferrari trademark," they should be suing themselves for the Mondial Cabriolet.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Their argument would be that the car is misrepresenting Ferrari by using its trademarks.

Since almost all of the car is a Ferrari, I'd argue that it actually is a Ferrari. By their logic, Perry's car isn't a Lotus anymore because he mutilated it :p

But whatever. It's still unmistakably Ferrari.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is a typical and necessary reaction by Ferrari. There's no doubt the old man himself would have done this. It all fosters the cult of personality that he developed around himself and his company. It is necessary because Ferrari must protect the exclusiveness of the marque.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'd have to go with the comment one of the folks made about the Ferrari t-shirts and what-not (watches, computers, sunglasses, shoes, batteries (via Duracell), Eau De Toilette -- the list looks to be endless). If Ferrari gave a damn about the brand, they ought to be first suing themselves.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
It is necessary because Ferrari must protect the exclusiveness of the marque.
How does this harm the exclusivity of the brand? If anything, suing the guy and getting it in the news all over the world is free advertising. The parts with the badges are still "Ferrari" parts so I don't see how the case would hold any water.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
" Gotta get to the church on time !! "

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
How does this harm the exclusivity of the brand? If anything, suing the guy and getting it in the news all over the world is free advertising. The parts with the badges are still "Ferrari" parts so I don't see how the case would hold any water.

Good point. It's not like he badged the carbon fiber tube.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It doesn't really harm Ferrari, but after reading a biography of him, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he sued.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Ultra lame on Ferrari's part. Sucks the guy might have to foot the bill defending himself against a huge corporation. He should countersue them for being humongous douchebags, and use the money to buy a Lamborghini and make it a limo. I'd say if he can show the bill of sale, it's a Ferrari. It's not like he rebadged a Fiero.

I hope the steakhouse doesn't sue me for converting their scrumptous meal into a big steaming log.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pay me a monthly badge fee while the car is in original condition, then I will term the contract and remove the badges and return them to the factory after the mods are completed.

OR

I will do what ever I want to do with them seeing how I paid for them at the time of sale.

You can't have it both ways.........FIGHT IT!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
How pathetic. I agree that it is still a Ferrari. It is really a Ferrari +. Maybe he should just add a little "+" after the badge. If he signed a document agreeing not to modify the car then they have a leg to stand on, if not then they can go pound sand.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Remember the Dino?

Because they didn't have 12 cylinder engines, they would not call the 206/246/308 cars Ferrari, but put only Dino badges on them. And they were built by Ferrari! I forget which was the first Ferrari with less than 12 cylinders that was allowed to have the name on it. They've been this anal for ever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts