The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been very pleased with the service department so far. People were friendly work was good.

However after a single conversation, if you can call it that, with Mike P. I can say I'd never buy a car from them. I'm looking at selling my Elise and going to the middle east for a year or two and picking up an Exige when I come back. So I was referred to Mike P. for consignment sales. First question he asks me was if I bought it from them. I did not as I was stationed overseas at the time so I went through Lotus of Atlanta. He replied back that he wanted nothing to do with it then. My problem isn't with the fact that they don't consign cars they didn't sell as I was merely checking options anyways. My problem is the the way he conveyed that and his attitude towards me.

I see no reason to be rude, just explain you can't take it if you didn't sell it.:confused: As a result I will not buy anything from this dealership and recommend against visiting it other than the service department.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Here we go again.

Attacking a dealership and using Lotus Talk to broadcast it.

It's too bad you were treated unfairly.

But don't rip the dealership apart, then come back in a week and say "Oh no, everything is fine now...":popcorn:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Here we go again.

Where's the attack, Larry? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
It's a headline.

"I will not buy anything from this dealership and recommend against visiting it other than the service department."

Now, does the dealer suffer because of it?

Lotus San Francisco probably suffered from that recent "screaming match, then, oh, ok, it's ok, nevermind" scenario.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Is there a rule against it? (genuine question)
No, and I can't fault your venting here.

HOWEVER, it seems to me that a lot of the whining that goes on this board is completely out of turn. Spouting angst in public should be the final resort for anyone. There are numerous people at the dealership you can contact if there is a problem with the service. You should speak to at least one manager and the regional manufacturer's representative before making your opinion known online.

I do not operate a dealership. I operate a bed and breakfast. I am always surprised when I discover an online review that tells the world about some problem a guest may have had WITHOUT INFORMING US. More than half of complaints are easily resolved with a brief conversation. For some reason, some folks would rather make trouble than make better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I tried a number of times to buy a Lotus from those guys, but their prices were always too high. They were friendly about it though.

When I told Mike P. over email that I finally found one, I didn't get a reply email. I thought I would at least hear congratulations, but nothing.

I think the reason why he doesn't want your car is because he likes to advertise his used cars as being originally sold by them. However, I must say that not all of their used cars are ones that they originally sold.

Also, they have their annual track day, but they only let "sales" customers participate.

Their service department (have only used them one time) seems eager to please though. Overall, I don't think that I am negative on their sales department. They just seem a bit uppity.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
No, and I can't fault your venting here.

HOWEVER, it seems to me that a lot of the whining that goes on this board is completely out of turn. Spouting angst in public should be the final resort for anyone. There are numerous people at the dealership you can contact if there is a problem with the service. You should speak to at least one manager and the regional manufacturer's representative before making your opinion known online.

I do not operate a dealership. I operate a bed and breakfast. I am always surprised when I discover an online review that tells the world about some problem a guest may have had WITHOUT INFORMING US. More than half of complaints are easily resolved with a brief conversation. For some reason, some folks would rather make trouble than make better.
That is a great way to put it. :up:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Can't say as I would blame a dealership for declining to consign sell a vehicle for you. It's not like they're going to make a lot of money off the deal, or you'd be selling it outright to them (at wholesale). Perhaps if they made their money off the original deal, they'd be inclined. I'd expect this, actually.

'Greg

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Can't say as I would blame a dealership for declining to consign sell a vehicle for you. It's not like they're going to make a lot of money off the deal, or you'd be selling it outright to them (at wholesale). Perhaps if they made their money off the original deal, they'd be inclined. I'd expect this, actually.

'Greg
I was thinking the same thing. But I read on and saw that the OP said he just didn't like the attitude. The guy apparently said "I don't want anything to do with it." which isn't the nicest way to let someone down.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If their show room is fully of 100k + cars, the money they make off a used Elise might not be worth their time...

Why is that so hard to understand? Everyone seems to be motivated by money. Tell them you have a used Bugatti and they might be more interested in consigning your car.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Here we go again.

It's too bad you were treated unfairly.

But don't rip the dealership apart, then come back in a week and say "Oh no, everything is fine now...":popcorn:
Welcome to the interweb. Seriously, that's the way it is.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Since it deals with "consignment" sales, I don't see anything wrong or disreputable about Mike P. or any other sales representative or dealer declining a consignment sales deal on a car not purchased from them. Where is the obligation? Its simply their business decision.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
If their show room is fully of 100k + cars, the money they make off a used Elise might not be worth their time...

Why is that so hard to understand? Everyone seems to be motivated by money. Tell them you have a used Bugatti and they might be more interested in consigning your car.
...yep, the FoD showroom is filled with $100,000+ cars. Their service folks are very friendly and their track days are a blast. Sorry to hear that Mike gave the OP the brush-off. Maybe he caught him on a bad day. :shrug:

Tom

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
So, if I'm a guest, can I call you next time I'm miffed with my dealer?
:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dealers
The forum to discuss your dealings with the Lotus dealers. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
I think some of you are only reading what you want to.

I don't have a problem with them not taking the car, that's why I called to find out more info and didn't just show up expecting them to take it.

I do have a problem with the way Mikes attitude and the way he expresses it. Why not just explain the way they work instead of treating customers like ****?

And as for posting negativities about dealers this would fall under "The Bad" I believe. Don't read it if you're offended. -poke-

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've been very pleased with the service department so far. People were friendly work was good....
Couldnt agree more. I offered Mike a fair and reasonable price on an '05 and he gave me the third degree about what condition it was in and the price I was asking can be found with Elise's that we're once rental cars.

I offered him $30K for his '05...

Whatever. I wont ever deal with them...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts