The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the recent Ferrari FXX thread I posted some pictures from a Ferrari track day last year. There was some interest in the rest of my pictures, including various classic Ferrari racing and street cars, so here they are.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The FXX has a very similar tone to an F1 car (if you've ever heard one), but is just doesn't have the same chainsaw-cutting-sheetmetal shreak of a true Cosworth F1 powerplant. It was still fairly impressive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not sure about any of those red cars, but I liked the little blue one.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct, Circuit Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada.

The Elan didn't hit the track, though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for posting so many fantastic shots. :clap:

The cars themselves are awesome, but you took pics from some terrific angles as well. Especially like the silhouhette (sp?) of the F1 car.

Anyway, what were those F430's? Have they already released the Challenge versions and I somehow missed it?

Thanks again -- made my day! :bow:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was the first time I had seen the F430 Challenge cars, keep in mind this was also last June. You may have missed some press releases ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. If I get invited back again this year, I'll be getting far better pictures. I replaced that junky 200$ point and shoot with a far superior digital SLR, not to mention my photography skills have improved exponentially over the last year.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks -- somehow I missed that. And I call myself an enthusiast! :eek:

Hope you get to attend this year's event, so we can enjoy the pics! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well after a plethora of attempts to load the page with the pictures. It all finally loaded.

Well worth the hassle.
That would have been a top day in many peoples lifetimes. Lol. Or maybe just mine.

So this was in Canada? As in 8 of the FXX owners are up there, or were a lot of them just there for the show?

What does one need to do to be invited there?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Where's a drool cup when you need one?! :drool:

Thomas

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There were only 4 FXXs there, and I am not sure how many of them were Canadian-owned. I am certain Lawrence Stroll's is Canadian, and is the first one pictured in line. The event being almost a year ago, I cannot remember if they were for Canada for certain, but I think all 4 were in fact Canadian FXXs.

I was invited by a friend of mine, who has done his time with the local Ferrari Club chapter (I do believe he was president for a brief time) and knows a few people in the Ferrari loop. He took me there with VIP hospitality access. General admission tickets are only 50$ for all three days, which gets you pretty much the same thing as I did, but there may have been some areas where I was allowed to go and not others (such as the hospitality tent with tasty catering).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts