The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
"The only thing sweeter than the car's engine is its weight. Millechili is Italian for 1,000 kilos, and that's just what the car will weigh. Not only is that 660 pounds lighter than the Enzo, it's 200 pounds lighter than a Mazda MX-5 Miata and only 216 pounds heavier than the Lotus Elise. The Enzo accelerated from 0 to 62 mph (100 kph) in 3.65 seconds and had a claimed top speed of 225 mph, so it's safe to say the Millechili will be very quick. It'll certainly have one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any car on the road, coming in behind the Caparo T1 and SSC Ultimate Aero but ahead of the Saleen S7 and Bugatti Veyron."

Ferrari gets faster...

(The car in the picture seems to be up on blocks with paper wheels and no headlights! Is Ferrari that desperate to launch a new Enzo?)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they kept the Ezno look to appeal to those who wanted an Enzo but never got the chance, either way, the thing should be a track monster!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
LARRY said:
(The car in the picture seems to be up on blocks with paper wheels and no headlights! Is Ferrari that desperate to launch a new Enzo?)
Foam prototype...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
+1 ^^

I remember hearing about this a very long time ago. :shrug:

And you can bet the house that this car does not sell for MSRP...more like $1M+ all day long.
That raises an interesting question in my mind;

Has Ferrari developed such a reputation that people will literally buy anything it produces out as long as it has a powerful engine, even an Elise-esque car? Do people desire Ferraris for what they actually are (comfortable, high-performing "race inspired" cars) or what the brand's reputation is? (building some of the fastest cars on the road, being a prestigious marque, having an amazing racing history)...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Has Ferrari developed such a reputation that people will literally buy anything it produces out as long as it has a powerful engine, even an Elise-esque car? Do people desire Ferraris for what they actually are (comfortable, high-performing "race inspired" cars) or what the brand's reputation is? (building some of the fastest cars on the road, being a prestigious marque, having an amazing racing history)...
Sadly, id say that at least 80% of Ferrari are bought for status, not for its functional features.:(

·
Registered
431 Posts

BM,

I think both.

Ferrari has a great track record that people will buy just about anything they make and while some will do it for pure enthusiastic reasons, there are many that will do it for just the name alone.

Take Rolex for example, they're not the best watches in the world but it's synonymes (sp?) with being prestigious and marquee in the watch industry, while others look at it as an investment...Ferrari's no different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts