The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post pics of my car actually moving very often so I thought I would share a couple from the other day.... Nothing special, just showing that it does come off the jack stands every once in a while:D

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys.

The wing works excellent. I certainly have not found the new limits that I can explore with it yet, but the car is much more planted in parts of the tack where it used to get light. It also allows a lot more forgiveness in the chassis when I occasionally get a bit anxious for the apex and have to establish a new line. A move like that at speed obviously upsets the car, but the wing/splitter combo do a great job of keeping the tires in adhesion where I would possibly have got light and over-steered a bit under similar situations in the past...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks Guys.

The wing works excellent. I certainly have not found the new limits that I can explore with it yet, but the car is much more planted in parts of the tack where it used to get light. It also allows a lot more forgiveness in the chassis when I occasionally get a bit anxious for the apex and have to establish a new line. A move like that at speed obviously upsets the car, but the wing/splitter combo do a great job of keeping the tires in adhesion where I would possibly have got light and over-steered a bit under similar situations in the past...

Best,

Phil
Just what i was looking to hear :)

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big Wing=

Go big or Go Home:evil:

Cheers,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couple More

-P

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice pics! How much difference did you notice running with the soft-top off verses on?
Yes, with the sun down, it was much cooler and breezy than with th top on:D

Seriously though, I could tell I was a bit shorter on rear grip than what I have with the the top on in one turn in particular where I tend to take a bad line and upset the car a tad. My big arse wing buys me some room for sloppiness in that turn and I could tell it wasn't buying me as much room with the top off... Outside of that, the experience at the track is more fun with the top off, so one has to weigh the pros and cons... I've got a decent amount of HP (230-245whp???), so the aero drag doesn't bother me at all on the straights. The car still scoots right along:shift:

Phil, I've never seen you running with the top off - that's what I do ;)
Well if you ever went to the track anymore-poke- :D
Do you think Frazier appreciated me posting pics of me catching and then passing him?-eek- That was Advanced Run Group, so you know it was him... I went ahead and put those pics on the BOE website as well:evil:

Good seeing you yesterday. Pray for good weather this weekend so that we have a good track weekend on yuor fist time out this year!!!:nanner:

Best,

Phil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts