The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a shop or mechanic competent enough to take on a FF275 install in the Tempe / Phoenix area? I'm in the military and on leave, so time is of major concern. Am I nuts for thinking this install can be completed in or around 30 days? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why don't you post this in your local regional forum? As for the time frame, sure, any competent tuner can easily install a premade FI kit in less than 30 days. And if you're being recalled/redeployed in a month's time, then why is it important that you do this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Reason is that just because one isn't deployed doesn't mean one has time to go to the shop. While the vast majority of the military have 9-to-5-like jobs (or probably rather 5-to-5), it's generally not easy to call in sick or simply take time off by telling the boss you're messing around with the car for a turbo install. And, chances are, unless the OP is in the Air Force, he probably doesn't live in the Phoenix/Tempe area. All these install questions racked my brain as well; there are a lot of considerations in this 'different' line of work. I just bought an already-installed FF275 car :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why don't you post this in your local regional forum? As for the time frame, sure, any competent tuner can easily install a premade FI kit in less than 30 days. And if you're being recalled/redeployed in a month's time, then why is it important that you do this?
Apologies. I'm rather new to the forums. It's important because I'm reporting to a rather remote location at the end of June. One where I'm going to have trouble finding more than one gas station, let alone a competent mechanic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reason is that just because one isn't deployed doesn't mean one has time to go to the shop. While the vast majority of the military have 9-to-5-like jobs (or probably rather 5-to-5), it's generally not easy to call in sick or simply take time off by telling the boss you're messing around with the car for a turbo install. And, chances are, unless the OP is in the Air Force, he probably doesn't live in the Phoenix/Tempe area. All these install questions racked my brain as well; there are a lot of considerations in this 'different' line of work. I just bought an already-installed FF275 car :)
Thanks for the understanding. Are you prior service? There's usually a laundry list of things that get taken for granted as a civilian. One of them is finding time to work on your dream car (or having any hobby, for that matter) when you're working 0430-1700 6 days a week, and working a 36 hour shift every 8th day. At any rate, I'll search my local listings and see what I can find. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Shouldn't take more than a week for a competent mechanic, let alone a month.

Shame you're not in my neck of the woods, could recommend several.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the understanding. Are you prior service? There's usually a laundry list of things that get taken for granted as a civilian. One of them is finding time to work on your dream car (or having any hobby, for that matter) when you're working 0430-1700 6 days a week, and working a 36 hour shift every 8th day. At any rate, I'll search my local listings and see what I can find. Wish me luck.
I'm current-service. I certainly feel the difference between my time in college and my time now. As a grad student (or even an undergrad!) there were plenty of times I went without sleep, felt stressed. But now, even at home station, supposedly "getting off work" at 1700 (plus or minus, mostly, anyway), there are just not enough hours in the day anymore! (weeks or months in the field training, or 12-15months "abroad" notwithstanding--I'm posting from sunny southwest asia!)

Good luck! I'm new here too! But like the other guy said, try the AZ board here, they'll be better suited to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts