The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just about to pick up a 05 Elise fitted with a forcefed 275 turbo kit, it's stroked to 2 litres with forged pistons , runs only 6lbs and makes just over 300hp and allot of TQ. The previous older owners wanted to keep it reliable so have kept the boost pretty low boost. Obviously being me I'm going to crank it up a little, I'm thinking two maps, one at 6lbs and one at 12ibs ish if its safe. Will see on the dyno. It runs an aftermarket computer so it's totally tuneable. Do you guys for see any issues in boosting up a little ? I'm looking for a safe 350 at the fly, is that feasible ?

Hope your all well, very excited to be here finally. Sold my last car (BMW E30 V8 380hp) so I'm excited to have something to look forward to when I'm back home from work

Cheers
Riley Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Lotus elise Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If it runs good leave it alone! Tons of horror stories about turbo kits and tuning gone wrong. 300hp on these light cars is plenty fast on the street/track and as stated above you have to start worrying about transmissions holding together at the higher power levels.
Drive it for a while and enjoy it before turning it into one of the many science experiments we read about here with owners that never get any seat time in their cars as they are in a constant state of diagnosis/repair from screwing with them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some good advice there guys I really appreciate it, dont want to start blowing gearboxes! Reliability is really important. Thanks Riley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts