The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a ForceFed FF380 kit, but there was a few things missing including the install instructions, which could be pretty helpful. Anyone have a copy of any of the ForceFed install instructions?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!! Although the link to the parts list seems to be broken... from the sounds of it, I think I'm missing a few parts, so that could really help too :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good! Too bad the FF instructions were vauge at best... but from what I can tell, I'm definitely missing the vacuum lines, coolant lines, and oil lines. Here's what I have so far:

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ok, took some pics today, sorry no video, couldn't work it out.

Firstly I numbered your pic to give you some idea of order. numbers follow air flow from behind passenger side, down and over to turbo then up and into intercooler, around and into intake.

Then I took pics of my system in the same order. Pics aren't great but it's a start.

Your install procedure should be as follows:
1) REMOVE THE REAR CLAM - seriously its a PITA but you'll want the room!
2) remove complete exhaust system (muffler should go before clam removal)
3) remove your air intake/air filter setup
**note, you are going to remove your MAF, cut the wires (mark them!!) and then run wire extensions over to the passenger side and into the new air intake--MARK THE WIRES SO YOU MATE THEM BACK!
4) drop oil pan

Water feed for turbo is against the fire wall, slightly above (up) from the oil filter sandwich plate. It's a metal u-bend, unclip both sides, remove and install your 2 water lines which run to your turbo. Oil feed line for turbo runs from the oil filter sandwich plate to the turbo, oil retun line from turbo goes to you NEW oil pan.

Obvious parts your missing: Water feed and return to turbo, oil feed and return to turbo, oil pan (yes you need a new oil pan), 550cc fuel injectors.
That's a start. For the water lines and oil lines ask Phil at BOE about them and he can either make them for you or give you the parameters and you can have them made.

Lay it out, review it and then we'll work on the questions you'll have.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great! That will really help clear things up, I think the only obstacle now will be the vacuum lines, especially considering the stock airbox has several configured in a T going to a few places. I didn't see a BOV on there though. I know the one that came with my kit is a cheap looking plastic one, but I plan on fixing that.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any pics of where the oil lines and coolant lines go to and from?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Oil feed line runs off your sandwich plate (at oil filter) and returns to the oil pan (make sure you get one that has the bung already installed...like BOE's) Water line feed and return run off of 2 lines that run down the middle of your firewall. If you get under the car and look up on your firewall about midpoint, 2or3 inches up you'll see a u-joint that connects 2 coolant lines. Remove the u-joint and you have one coolant feed and one return.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
can anyone identify the thread types for the oil feed fitting? (ex. BSPT, NPT, AN3, ect)

also, is the sandwich plate used for anything?
there are 3 needed (1. Male 1/8" AN3 oil feed to turbo, 2. stock male 1/8" BSPT oil pressure sensor, 3. Aftermarket male 1/8" NPT oil pressure sensor) which I'm assuming all come off that oil feed fitting, which connects off the original oil pressure sensor spot on the block itself?

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi all. I'm also installing a FF turbo kit. I'm having the hardest time with the intercooler ducting. Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm not sure how it mounts to the car, as the forced fed instructions and lack of pictures aren't overly helpful. To whoever can help, I owe you a beer!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts