1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
885 Posts
I did not see big difference with my Fidanza flywheel, but it is a lot lighter. With a drive by wire, anyway, the engine can not accelerate more than the throttle body authorise... at neutral

I am all a time septic about eveything sold as nice ceramic stuff or kevlar, every experience I had was so so. And I don't have experience with the Fidanza clutch. A lot of company are offering clutch set using the same pusher plate die than OEM, and the OEM pusher plate is not very well with tendance to break. I don't know for Fidanza.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Couple years ago I have installed a Fidanza flywheel on my Integra race car . the RPM's went up and dropped much quicker than with stock one but other than that there was no real diference the engine does not gain any HP . The diference between Integra stock flywheel and Fidanza was around 10 lbs . Lotus flywheel I believe is only 3 lbs heavier than Fidanza aluminum one ,not sure if you will notice much diference . Upgrading clutch is necesary if you increasing engines HP .

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the easy revs can be explained by the lighter flywheel... I'm just not sure if it's worth it. After posting the thread I have been going through the entire "Clutch" thread and basically discovered that people are somewhat subjective about their experiences.

So far I have to admit I like the way my clutch feels and I'm good at matching the revs so the gear exchange feels good. Additionally, I'm not yet using my car on the track. :shrug:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :wave:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Upgrading the clutch is always the first thing that I do for every car that I own. I like to have a heavy clutch petal with a low engagement point vs the soft confused clutch response from many OEM's. Going ceramic is a good deal but a full face clutch will make it more drivable on the street. Multi Puck clutches can be a real PITA on the road. A light weight flywheel is a must have also in my book. Once you get used it having one you can't imagine not having one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts