The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has tried these wheels before. Looks like they also make Magnus Walker's 52 outlaw wheels for his 277. I am mostly attracted to the aesthetics of these wheels. The site doesn't mention the weight but I imagine it couldn't be much worse than standard OEM wheels?
Would the offset of ET42 work for front and rear?
Note: it looks like they carry our bolt pattern of 4X100, the pic shows the wrong pattern...
https://fifteen52.com/collections/street-wheels

Attachments

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
If they do not mention the weight it is likely because that is not an attribute they care about and therefor likely the wheels are not engineered to be light. I could be wrong, give them a call to find out. The stock wheels are fairly light when compared to normal rims for most cars, factory or aftermarket.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the weight is 21 pounds.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
So that's 12 pounds heavier than the stock Lotus wheels in the front and a wash in the rear. 15.3 pounds in the front and 9.8 pounds in the rear heavier than the LSS wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So that's 12 pounds heavier than the stock Lotus wheels in the front and a wash in the rear. 15.3 pounds in the front and 9.8 pounds in the rear heavier than the LSS wheels.
So do you think one would notice a drastic difference in the front? I think having more grip in front with wider wheels would be a decent trade off. I wonder how it would look with 17's on all four corners.

·
7,598 Posts
So do you think one would notice a drastic difference in the front? I think having more grip in front with wider wheels would be a decent trade off. I wonder how it would look with 17's on all four corners.
Rather than the looks or weight, I'd be concerned with the offset difference in the front. Rear is close enough.

San

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You could do the 17 for front with a 10mm spacer.

on the rear, if you are brave, get the 18" 5x100 and redrill for 4x100. the offset should be fine for the 18"

Reactions: Crazy05

·
7,598 Posts
You could do the 17 for front with a 10mm spacer.

on the rear, if you are brave, get the 18" 5x100 and redrill for 4x100. the offset should be fine for the 18"
He's asking about 17s all around. Stock rear ET is 38 and 42 for the Tarmac. I'm guessing the added expense of going to the 18s isn't in his plan.

San

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
please don't do 17 front and rear. that would be horrible. they only have the one width for 17" At least go all the way and do 17/18...

Reactions: Crazy05

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
For street driving I don’t think the weight will make a difference. On track you may feel the difference if you’re already close to the limits.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree on the 17 on front and 18 on rear. I wouldn't want it to look goofy. Thanks all for the input. This was mostly speculative but I do love the McLaren F1 look of these wheels. Also the centerlock cover is cool. I mostly do street/canyons anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Absolutely.

My car came with Rotas and putting LSS wheels was a huge difference.

More grip in front? Maybe

More pounding on the bumps, always

·
7,598 Posts
I agree on the 17 on front and 18 on rear. I wouldn't want it to look goofy. Thanks all for the input. This was mostly speculative but I do love the McLaren F1 look of these wheels. Also the centerlock cover is cool. I mostly do street/canyons anyways.
Bear in mind the additional wheel weight is significant in the front, but the tire weight is going to be even more critical, as it's weight furthest away from the center (of rotational weight). Putting 18 inch wheels on the rear adds even more weight and again, the tires are going to be heavier, and furthest away from center, so the worst place to add weight. Adding rotational weight affects acceleration, braking and handling.

San

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
If you're not racing the car you're not going to notice that much difference either way, weight or grip. But 21 lbs is pretty heavy for a front wheel on this car.

Having had multiple sets of wheels/tires on my car to check fitment and aesthetics I can safely say that I prefer 17/17 to any other configuration, but my wheels are 13.2 lbs each, and I run super light tires as well, which makes a huge difference.

Profile.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

New Kicks.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts