The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uW2ODOwtiPU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uW2ODOwtiPU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
what a loserrotfl

"this could be a great car to drive, but it isnt"

·
Registered
982 Posts
worst review EVER!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Some thoughts:

1) No, they didn't deviate to the less is more philosophy but adding a supercharger.

2) Can anyone who's drive an Elise SC confirm there's some holes in the map, lags or "hiccups" in the fuel or power delivery?

3) I can understand him being annoyed and frustrated if he can't get comfortable with the non-adjustable ergonomics.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Any review which says that the elise seats and driving position are bad isnt any good.
The problem is seats and driving position fit people differently (and this guy wasn't fat) what fits like a glove for one may not be ideal for another and there's no adjustability in the steering column to address that. I suppose the seat issue could be address with aftermarket seats.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
What a dick. Wonder what color his pantys are?

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
While I dont agree with him for me, when I took one of the demo Elises out for an eval back in 2003, I wrote that it needed cupholders, cruise control, the dash got too hot (from not being able to turn off the hot water to the core), and a movable steering wheel.

In the end I dont think that Lotus really listened to any of us that drove the demo cars. They are still not listening now.

I love my car, but when I let others sit in it...and drive it the vast majority do not like the seating position or the steering wheel. Lotus should have included a few of these extras.
These people will not buy the car. Lost customers is not a good thing. I can only "sell" the Lotus experience so far. Most are not willing to bend that way.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
If the throttle response is really as he described it, then I don't blame him for bashing the car. I'd hate it too. And while I find the seating and wheel position to be just about perfect for me, I suspect that if I were proportioned slightly differently, I'd be really irritated by the lack of adjustability. He seems to have some valid criticism. I don't think that makes him a dick.

I love my Elise more than any other car I've owned, but man, it isn't perfect by a long shot.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Just wondering. Are the Porsche's GT3 seats adjustable? I don't think they are.

Personally, the seats were okay for me but I did wish the steering wheel could tilt downward and a little more out. I had to seat much closer to the steering wheel to compensate.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
What a dick. Wonder what color his pantys are?
They are Nomax. Remember he is also a race car driver and IMO pretty good at reviewing the cars in the past. But seriously guys, could it be possible that this car isn't as brilliant as the standard car or the Exige S? Could it be possible that the S1/S2 111s or S2 Elise S is a better car from the "fun to drive" aspect because they are lighter weight. I will drive one of these cars soon and form an opinion for myself... one thing I am not going to do it jump in already it's brilliant.

My .02

Neil

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Please let us know -especally about the power delivery. The Autocar tester mention the "engine calibration" on the Elise SC was better than it was on the Exige S:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDf9YEnIUFQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDf9YEnIUFQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Neil,

The problem is people hating is something that is seen on all forums. The majority of people on here think Lotus is made by God for the driving Gods, and there is nothing better in the world. So to see a review that questions the car, questions these people's self esteem and their choice. People in general need validation for their purchases. So heaven forbid, someone bad mouths their car :rolleyes: It is the same everywhere. Go on a miata forum, S2000 forum, Ferrari forum..so on...

I think the review is spot on. The Elise is a great car, but certainly isn't be all and end all to anything. Then again, I don't need any body's evaluation or review to justify my purchase.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
He's a total prat.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts