The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have 'walked' my way down from the front and now the the very back of this car. I love details, engineering and just knowing how something is put together...so here is my last post of reviewing the undersides of this wonderful vehicle :cool:

Removing the rear diffuser exposes a rather interesting item...a very custom performance built exhaust system that many would pay extra to own. It is a total SS large tube (it has runners that are 2.75" min with areas that are 3" is diameter...this is the stuff that aftermarket companies produce. The system even has a spot welded tag with date of manufacture, model # and what appears to be a serial number.. so here is the first pic shows the rear diffuser removed and a side view of the exhaust>>>

Here is another view and you can spot the tag I mentioned (it is just left of the left exhaust tip)>>>

Here is the diffuse itself...is leaning against an Audi TT for point of size reference

And lastly...the view of an Elise without a diffuser :rolleyes: >>>

BTW..I looked into whether or not those reflectors in the black mesh area could be removed..yes they can but will leave larger holes in mesh...might be OK to remove...

So my journey of Elise front to rear has been fun and enlightening and I hope I did not bore some..for me I tried to absorb every detail and just wanted to share the info...
Drive safely..
Michael

·
Registered
648 Posts
Would be interested to know how much that exhaust weighs. Any chance you can take it off and weigh it for us? The original exhaust on the S2 is a pile of crap and weighs 15 kilos. My Yoshimura Titanium Exhaust weighs 1.5 kilos.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
YELOTUS - fantastic pics - for those of us waiting for cars they are frustrating to see. I can't wait to take mine apart too! Thanks for the great detail and information - you the man!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
For those interested, I should think they'd be able to buy the euro spec 111S rear perfed screens with the round reflectors, I think they're just a single screw hole and would be easier to remove and not be as noticeable as the perfed screens would be on the US cars.

Chris

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
For those interested, I should think they'd be able to buy the euro spec 111S rear perfed screens with the round reflectors, I think they're just a single screw hole and would be easier to remove and not be as noticeable as the perfed screens would be on the US cars.

Chris
And I would imagine they'd have a large hole for the 111S exhaust... :(

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
Would be interested to know how much that exhaust weighs. Any chance you can take it off and weigh it for us? The original exhaust on the S2 is a pile of crap and weighs 15 kilos. My Yoshimura Titanium Exhaust weighs 1.5 kilos.
I'm told (by someone who weighed it when they bolted on their Stage2) that the stock Fed Elise exhaust weighs 25 lbs.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
The Stock Fed exhaust that came off of my car is about 25 lbs and the Stage 2 that went on is about 17 lbs and a bit. The sound is “priceless”:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice pics, looks like you have a good camera that is able to keep things close and far in focus at the same time, priceless for these applications:) Nice whel well and suspension pics in the other thread too, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
what is that wheel just beyond the real car in the 2nd photo? resembles LSS goods

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
US to Metric conversion

FYI

1 Lbs = 0.45359237 Kilograms

Fed Elise:
Stock 25 Lbs = 11.34 Kg
Stage II 17 Lbs = 7.71 Kg

S2 Elise (111S?):
Stock 15 Kg = 33.07 Lbs
Yoshimura Titanium Exhaust 1.5Kg = 3.31 Lbs :eek:

tonyyoshi, you sure about that 1.5 Kg or is that a typo?

Also, do you know of any Increase/decrease of HP with that lightweight exhaust?

Links about it? I know what my next google search is going to be :)

Edit:

I know this is for the 111 S2 but shouldn't be long until it's available for the 111R.

http://www.suninternational-usa.com/pr_els_exhaust.html

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car in background is a AMG SLK>>>

LotusLust said:
what is that wheel just beyond the real car in the 2nd photo? resembles LSS goods
and those are the 'stock' (for AMG) wheels... in the other pic the Audi TT (red car) has 18" Sportec Mono 10 wheel..

·
Registered
607 Posts
Re: US to Metric conversion

Miguel said:
FYI

1 Lbs = 0.45359237 Kilograms

Fed Elise:
Stock 25 Lbs = 11.34 Kg
Stage II 17 Lbs = 7.71 Kg

S2 Elise (111S?):
Stock 15 Kg = 33.07 Lbs
Yoshimura Titanium Exhaust 1.5Kg = 3.31 Lbs :eek:

tonyyoshi, you sure about that 1.5 Kg or is that a typo?

Also, do you know of any Increase/decrease of HP with that lightweight exhaust?

Links about it? I know what my next google search is going to be :)

Edit:

I know this is for the 111 S2 but shouldn't be long until it's available for the 111R.

http://www.suninternational-usa.com/pr_els_exhaust.html
Waiting for 'yoshi's response, but I do not think it is a typo. My titanium cat back exhaust for the Honda S2000 is approx 6lbs.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
My exhaust I made up for my MR2 was less than 4 pounds.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The back box is 1.5 kilos, the titanium CRP is .4 kilo and the titanium manifold is approx 3 kilos. It's a serious piece of kit and the manifold is big bore. Definite improvement in torque etc although not sure how much as I did not do a before and after dyno. It's a tad expensive though, approx US$2,800....

http://www.lotuscars.co.jp/KMS/lotus/elise2/yoshimura/index.htm

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Amazing pics. Thanks so much for taking them, YELOTUS. Very much appreciated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts