The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I can't believe it, but I just wired a bunch of money from NC to CA for a new 60th Anniversary Black/Silver Elise. -eek-

Still waiting for it all to go thru, but ordered the transport anyway. Never seen this model in person, or even just a black one, but I'm thinking it's going to look outrageous. :drool:

Will post pictures when it comes in. :nanner:

Mark

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congrats! I also bought a 60th anniversary sight unseen and had it shipped. Ti+Red.

Fantastic car. The wait is worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - First post here.

I'm in the process of buying a car (the Ice White SC) from the same place (though I'm local). Congrats. Kevin and Joseph seem like really good guys.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi - First post here.

I'm in the process of buying a car (the Ice White SC) from the same place (though I'm local). Congrats. Kevin and Joseph seem like really good guys.
I didnt say where I got my car, there are a couple in CA. I know the Ice White you speak of, and Im sure that car is gonna standout. Good Luck with it. Post pics.... there are very few pics of Ice White, its an expensive option.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I saw a 60th a few months back, it was stunning. The little details are awesome. You will be very happy!
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got one too. Lotus Green with the Yellow stripes. Love it! I also have a 2008 Viper 'vert snake skin green with black stripes. The Viper wasn't green enough for southern marin so I got the Elsie for a DD for my commute on the three bridges around the bay. I'm 'gonna tell 'em it's a Tesla Platform with the Mac Pack.

Had a nice stretch of the 580 by Richmond last night all to myself--what a go-kart! It's much quieter than the Viper (not that I dislike the rumble) and nimbler for the narrow roads and parking spaces marked for compacts only.

The Viper is unapprecitated around here accept in the Tenderloin where I get a lot of thumbs-up. When people ask what it is I say it's a Dodge and they are clueless. Since the Lotus is foreign it has cache around these parts.

I took the hardtop off, after much study of the manual and it was MUCH easier than I was anticipating. Just get the right torx wrench out of the supplied tool pouch and start taking the screws out--no big deal. I'm a topless guy so the top will stay off unless it rains or snows. Ordered a rain/sun bonnet cockpit cover from Sector 111, in black, to keep the fog and raccoons out at night.

The blind-spots are a big concern for me. I've been trying to order the Multi-Vex mirrors that work well for my other vehicles. I can't get a hold of Multi-Vex by phone or their web-site. Apparently their manufacturing equipment is down and they aren't communicating, from what I gathered in another thread here.

Had a close call last night at the toll plaza of the San Rafeal/Richmond bridge when I conservatively passed through the FasTrack lane and a bitch blew by me undertaking from the pay lanes. Just caught a glimpse of her in my peripheral vision before easing over to the 2 lane.

Took the girl-friend out around the Paradise Loop by Tiburon for a little test drive and the Elise was made for it. You have to be careful of the bicyclists in the shadows and the road is narrow and twisty--much more room for error than with the Viper.

I'm thinking or pulling the Wreath Logos off the seats but don't have the courage to give them a big yank yet. Has anyone tried removing them? Are they held on with velcro? My thinking is that I will just put them on for special occasions in order to keep them clean.

I'm also thinking of removing the rear wing since it blocks my rear vision. I keep thinking there's a Yellow Cab tail-gating me around frisco. Is it a simple job to remove it or is it fixed pretty good? Would I get an apreciably improved rear view with it removed?

Cheers and congrats to my fellow 60's owners :clap: :bow:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Put some damn pics up in this thread or we're going to come burn your place down.

xtn

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I'm also thinking of removing the rear wing since it blocks my rear vision. I keep thinking there's a Yellow Cab tail-gating me around frisco. Is it a simple job to remove it or is it fixed pretty good? Would I get an apreciably improved rear view with it removed?

Cheers and congrats to my fellow 60's owners :clap: :bow:
Rear wing comes off easy, but you'll have a few bolt holes in the body.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Is there some rule against photos on this thread ???

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts