The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does every car TV show have to suck so bad? Are the only people that can afford these cars super dousches or what? I only caught the last half but what I saw was just another episode of cribs:wallbang: thumbs down. You would think there would be major call for a magazine show. Id love to watch Car & Driver or R&T:(

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Why does every car TV show have to suck so bad? Are the only people that can afford these cars super dousches or what? I only caught the last half but what I saw was just another episode of cribs:wallbang: thumbs down. You would think there would be major call for a magazine show. Id love to watch Car & Driver or R&T:(
I would agree most of them suck... Love Top Gear however :D... When is the US version of Top Gear supposed to start up? I remember reading some where that it was going to happen and contracts had been signed...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I would agree most of them suck... Love Top Gear however :D... When is the US version of Top Gear supposed to start up? I remember reading some where that it was going to happen and contracts had been signed...
If i'm not mistaken, the host of supercars exposed is one of the hosts of top gear (US). I could have heard wrong.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tanner Foust hosts Supercars Exposed. Adam Carolla will host Gear. Not the same person.

Gear (the US version of Top Gear) has a tough act to follow. No matter what they do, they won't be Clarkson, Hammond and May. I'm remaining open-minded, but my expectations are not high.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Tanner Foust hosts Supercars Exposed. Adam Carolla will host Gear. Not the same person.

Gear (the US version of Top Gear) has a tough act to follow. No matter what they do, they won't be Clarkson, Hammond and May. I'm remaining open-minded, but my expectations are not high.
But Tanner Foust is one of the hosts of the US Top Gear? :huh:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Why does every car TV show have to suck so bad? You would think there would be major call for a magazine show.
...seek torrents for the original BBC broadcasts of the new top gear, autumn 2002 - present; it's fantastic...

...i fear the upcoming US remake will consist of bowdlerized sophomoric pabulum, though...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Let's not forget that the US show will have to be very PC so it won't hurt anyone's feeling!! God forbid they say anything funny that will offend the many minority groups making life hell for the rest of us.

Also wonder how much objectivity there will be there with GM, Ford probably pushing ad dollars in the show.

I stay open minded by very low expectations.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Faust is a co host of the US Top Gear.

There is a new and far worse car show that just started... 101 Cars You Must Drive. It's absolutely awful. First od all, practically all the cars they feature should be on a swhow titled 101 Cars You Don't Give A S**T about. and the host, hired because he's a stand up comic (which he feels compelled to continually remind us since nothing he says is even remotely amusing or clever) clearly has no knowledge or seemingly, any interest in cars. last night I watched an episode (I have it Tivo'ed, hoping it will get better) where he takes an Acura NSK to Streets Of Willow. I'm thinking, "ok, this might be good". He drives around the track at like 25 miles an hour. And this goes on for like 10 minutes. Hey, at bleast Tanner Faust can drive.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The 101 cars segment on the VW was pretty amusing. I think the show works better when he reviews cars that are easier to make fun of. Which makes sense.

I liked the Supercars Exposed that Tanner did on the Noble. For some reason. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Faust is a co host of the US Top Gear.

There is a new and far worse car show that just started... 101 Cars You Must Drive. It's absolutely awful. First od all, practically all the cars they feature should be on a swhow titled 101 Cars You Don't Give A S**T about. and the host, hired because he's a stand up comic (which he feels compelled to continually remind us since nothing he says is even remotely amusing or clever) clearly has no knowledge or seemingly, any interest in cars. last night I watched an episode (I have it Tivo'ed, hoping it will get better) where he takes an Acura NSK to Streets Of Willow. I'm thinking, "ok, this might be good". He drives around the track at like 25 miles an hour. And this goes on for like 10 minutes. Hey, at bleast Tanner Faust can drive.
Yeah, I saw that show too... The one where he drives an old Fiat 500 and a Delorean. You are right... It was absolutely horrible! He even drove one of the cars he was testing to the Laugh Factory on Sunset to remind us that he's a comedian (because his jokes sure don't give it away!). Let's hope the new Top Gear is a little better, but I somehow doubt it...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The 101 cars segment on the VW was pretty amusing. I think the show works better when he reviews cars that are easier to make fun of. Which makes sense.

I liked the Supercars Exposed that Tanner did on the Noble. For some reason. :)
Randy, what's agood Noble forum for me to lurk on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Finally people who think 101 Cars is the crap it is.

Who knew the NSX was the first light back to basics sports car.

and how many times did he have to say he owned a Porsche.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Motorweek is reasonably good

Motorweek, produced by Maryland Public Television but available on various Public Television outlets across the country, is a reasonably good program. More informative than entertaining.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Let's not forget that the US show will have to be very PC so it won't hurt anyone's feeling!! God forbid they say anything funny that will offend the many minority groups making life hell for the rest of us.

Also wonder how much objectivity there will be there with GM, Ford probably pushing ad dollars in the show.

I stay open minded by very low expectations.
i concur... have a feeling it won't be very good... Honestly, they should just rebroadcast the Brit version out here... These deciders don't know jack.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Motorweek, produced by Maryland Public Television but available on various Public Television outlets across the country, is a reasonably good program. More informative than entertaining.
Motorweek puts me to sleep. Basically any East Coast based car program does. Look at Car Crazy, MotorWeek and Dream Car Garage...all sleeper programs. Even the cute little news girl on Motorweek is boring. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts