The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally hubby completed the mount of the splitter and side skirting. It turned out just beautiful IMHO..:) two thumbs up to you ultra talented men out there...i'm lucky to have one ! :clap:

Attachments

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Wow
Very nice
Tell "Hubby" a big :up:

How did he install the front splitter protector and the side skirts?
Update us after some high speed test. Would like to know if you have any stability issues.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Looks great :clap:

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks awesome!

What are the 3 dots for in front of the grill?
the horrid 3 dots were the only answer i could come up with for the horrible holes that were drilled into that area so that the Plano Lotus dealership could mount THEIR dealer plate!!!! i was horrified trust me...but for some reason, these little dots have grown on me...they are plugs that are "wrapped" with leftover wrap from the car..

·
Wow Such Admin
6,932 Posts
the horrid 3 dots were the only answer i could come up with for the horrible holes that were drilled into that area so that the Plano Lotus dealership could mount THEIR dealer plate!!!! i was horrified trust me...but for some reason, these little dots have grown on me...they are plugs that are "wrapped" with leftover wrap from the car..
Stupid Texas and their front license plate law :facepalm

But regardless, the dealer should NOT put on a front tag on the car until the owner decides if they want one or now. :no:

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
They actually look kind of cool, but you could get bumper plugs painted white if you decided to go that route. Splitter and side skirts are awesome!

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow
Very nice

Update us after some high speed test. Would like to know if you have any stability issues.
he's been working in the yard now so when he's in for the evening, i'll ask him to come on my acct and write out what he did....he made some changes from the original person here to make these splitters....he took the prior issues into account when designing this set. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Your evora is stunning! And the front spliter just ads to the character if the white on black clean look. Love it! thanks fo the pic.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow
Very nice

"Hubby" here with some answers....

Splitter was installed using the 12 existing bolt locations under the nose AND 1/2 inch wide 3M double sided tape along entire leading edge (where front facia meets lexan splitter).
6 of the bolts attach to the stock clip nuts on the front undertray assembly.
4 of the bolts attach with nyloc nuts at the rear of the front undertray assembly in front of front wheels.
The 2 remaining bolts attach through the front undertray rubbing blocks (hockey puck size aluminum) into what I assume is the frame.
The stock 12 bolts were replaced with longer ones to allow for the 1/4 inch thick splitter/protector.

Side Skirts were installed using 3 exsisting bolt locations on underside of rocker panel and two rows od 1/2 inch wide 3M double sided tape from front to rear.
2 bolts just behind front wheel splash guard and 1 in front of rear wheel. (stock replaced with longer)
Inner edge of side skirt has aluminum U channel attached to aid in stiffening the side skirt.

Update us after some high speed test. Would like to know if you have any stability issues

Remember this is "Hubby" talkin...
Wife's car, Hubby is only allowed to take it to the gas station. So, I don't forsee any High Speed testing in the future.
1. I will not go 120 on a public road.
2. Barber Motorsports park is the closest track. I don't see north of 120 there very often in my 505hp ZO6 vette. So highly doubtful the Evora could (maybe the back strait at Road Atlanta).
3. Wife won't let me track her car, so point 2 is moot.
Sorry, and thanks for the :up:

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hubby, i let you drive my car to work once or twice a month...and yes, you do get gas for it but i always give you my credit card to do it...it's not like you buy my gas dear...and you do after all get to take my car to work...:D;)

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Thanks for the update
Everything is looking great
Keep up the good work

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Just when I thought gray was the best color, this comes along.

I never in a million years thought i would buy a white car...all of my cars have been black. For some reason, with this car and the new C7, there are so many black accents on the car that to me, you MUST have a contrasting color unless of course you're into the "stealth" look...which i'm not...so the white was the best "pop" (or yellow) it shows the contrast best IMO...and of course, red interior is a must with white...then of course black rims and red calipers are a must with all of the above....i'm a girl, everything MUST match...:D
i'm about to order my C7 soon...in this exact color combination. :)
love love love WHITE!!!:coolnana::bow:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
So cool!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts