The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Def I finally got out and drove Skyline Blvd. For a Seattlelite it's not like I go down and drive it everyday. But, my annual Montana roadtrip is coming up. Hope to have another top speed attempt. Skyline was fun. Twisty! Ups & downs. And then found a nice crotch rocket to follow - excellent for those corners. All in all a good drive and then we saw an Esprit on the drive back to San Jose. Thanks Kev.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Thanks to Def I finally got out and drove Skyline Blvd. For a Seattlelite it's not like I go down and drive it everyday. But, my annual Montana roadtrip is coming up. Hope to have another top speed attempt. Skyline was fun. Twisty! Ups & downs. And then found a nice crotch rocket to follow - excellent for those corners. All in all a good drive and then we saw an Esprit on the drive back to San Jose. Thanks Kev.
Are you talking about Skyline Blvd in Portland?
Cause I live right of Germantown / Skyline, and those twisties are my daily drive to work :p

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Skyline Drive in the Santa Cruz mountains of NorCal perhaps? :D
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
386 Posts
Should've set something up - there are some nice excursions from skyline out to the coast & back that make it even more interesting. :)

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
975 Posts
one of my favorite drives, especially early am when no one is out.

did you take hwy 9 down to boulder creek? some wicked curves there. it's even better going back up the hill. i've made myself nauseous from pulling Gs though successive corners there (read: a really good drive!).

lots of great backroads off there as well.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Skyline is a fun road, but I treat it as a way to get to the really entertaining roads that are up there. Highway 84, Highway 9, Page Mill, Kings Mtn, and countless others are the ones that I connect up with. I could drive up there for days on end...:shift:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our time was limited Saturday morning. We went through Saratoga and up that road (Hwy 9) to get onto Skyline then headed north until the T with Hwy 92. I drove Skyline. Kev drove the rest. We stopped at the vista point and checked out the valley. But now I'm back to Puget Sound roads. Saw a blue Elise on 520 traffic while driving home. Plus I'm off to Ellensburg for the weekend so "maybe" I'll find something fun to "play" on. Racing harnesses are installed to - I'll send pics later.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
:D glad you had fun even though it was short

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Should've set something up - there are some nice excursions from skyline out to the coast & back that make it even more interesting. :)

Cheers,
-Darryl
Ideally we would have been able to go to the berkeley weigh in & drive on Sunday to meet some other LT'ers, but unfortunately could not, so we just made a quick run. Next time hopefully...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts