The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to putting my bike together...

We had plans of stretching the frame and all that fun stuff but we decided against it because my friend just bought a super fancy CNC machine and we are going to cut out our own fancy custom frame. I am going to sell this bike so I can buy stuff for our new bike project.

This bike goes about 30mph and is a blast to ride.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks like a cruiser with an engine strapped to it. How fast does it go?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thats cool, where did you get the engine kit? Was there much custom fabricating involved, or do you pretty much just strap it on?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend got me the engine. Not sure where it's from. It's basically just a bolt on engine. You have to adjust some stuff here and there to make it work but it was really easy.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Why a small, sleek fuel tank instead of a bulky, heavy, expensive, ugly battery pack?

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Why a loud combustion engine instead of quite cheap electric?
I've been passed by these while I'm walking my dog along the bike trail. I can't even tell they have an engine until they are within 30 feet, and then they are very quiet as they pass. Not as quiet as my Segway though ...

Glen

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Please next time specify Bicycle, I almost had a heart attack!! Looking good though.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Why a small, sleek fuel tank instead of a bulky, heavy, expensive, ugly battery pack?
Simple.. because you can take that 35mph electric bike on any bike lane, park, or bike only areas and not be bothered or ticketed? :p

Nonetheless Pooter it is cool looking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts