The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my first Lotus Elise in Ardent Red after looking for a year and pick it up on Wednesday!! Very excited!

As of now, it is clean and mod-free. Any ideas on some things to get for it? This will not be a track car.

Located in the Philadelphia area; any upcoming meet and greet events?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Congrats. If it truly is stock, you'll want:

- sector111 micro mirror
- rls phone mount bracket
- rls wide angle side view mirrors
- sir lotus' under clam protectors
- sector111 lidbone

And then all the upgrade stuff (exhaust, sc, audio)

·
Registered
956 Posts

- sector111 micro mirror
- sector111 lidbone

It's amazing how SwingLo just knows exactly what everyone else wants!

You don't NEED any of that crap however. Leave it stock if that's what floats your boat. Bottom line is it's yours now...enjoy it however you please.

Personally, I kept all my mods simple, cheap and reversible. I went for aesthetics and exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
On July 2nd Lotus Ltd and the Mercedes Club of America are having a Advanced Driver Education day at the Glen. If you are interested drop me a message.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

- sector111 micro mirror
- sector111 lidbone

Awesome, thanks will look into these. Also need new Lotus Badge, the front center part of the badge looks all chrome, the word Lotus seems to have faded...

Swinglo you forgot mod #1 the cupholder... My lotus club sells a nice one. LotusOwners Lotus Owners of New York... Or. Onrails engineering has the two cup holder jobbie... May upgrade myself!
Yes, need one for all the 24oz coffee!!

On July 2nd Lotus Ltd and the Mercedes Club of America are having a Advanced Driver Education day at the Glen. If you are interested drop me a message.
Will take a look, thanks.

Welcome and congratulations! She looks sweet!
Thanks! Love the stripes on yours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also the car did NOT come with a softtop so I will need to source one of these out as well.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,610 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful machine !

So you think you might want to modify your Lotus huh ? This is the best part of owning one of these beasts!The decision before you now is not one that can be undone. There are two paths...

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I recommend getting the NA tune (I got mine from vision function for 325$)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congratulations on your beautiful machine !

So you think you might want to modify your Lotus huh ? This is the best part of owning one of these beasts!The decision before you now is not one that can be undone. There are two paths...

[/URL][/IMG]
LOL!! I said I was not going to modify my motorcycle and ended up throwing a bunch of money at it so I'm sure it will be the same addiction.

Good luck with the soft top..been looking to pick one up on here for 6 months... They last exactly 5 minutes and they are bought! Like ravens on a dead rabbit...lol
Oh man. I hoped it would be easier. So my dealer located two for me from another dealer claiming an inside hook-up.

One is for $350 and is faded uniformly brown.
The other one is brand new for $1300 ouch!

I was going to search the web for awhile. But, if they are hard to come by I may just suck it up and spend the 1300.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Welcome!

+ 1 on PALS (although I need to get out more often) There was this one time where Kyle hosted a drive...probably my alltime favorite event...hint hint hint. :)

Two great cars and coffee events in our area:

West Chester C&C: Dilworthtown Starbucks, Rt 202 Saturday mornings ranges between 8a and 10a...
Incredible display of high end stuff...like not unusual to see the lastest version of a 458...a couple of us bring out the Elise...rarely ever see an Evora...

Lehigh Valley Cars and Coffee @ Steel Stacks.

I haven't been to the new location...but it is reportedly "epic"...next one is 6/29.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cars-Coffee-Lehigh-Valley/329548200453194

·
Registered
907 Posts
Someone mentioned a micro mirror. If your car still has the stock rear view mirror, seriously consider a micro mirror or some other mirror smaller than the stock one. You'll enjoy much less restricted forward visibility. The stock mirror actually got in my way at times.

Congrats on the car!

·
Premium Member
12,002 Posts
A LOUDER horn.

Stebel is good.

Inverse relationship:

Smaller the car, the louder the horn should be.

---

I have RLS and Multivex mirrors (latter nla) and kept my stock mirror, which - when canted to the right - gives good view of what used to be a blind spot.

·
Registered
455 Posts
One is for $350 and is faded uniformly brown.
I was going to suggest dying it, but I suspect that it may have some sort of waterproof coating (I could be wrong). Another idea might be to take it to an upholstery shop and see if they could make a replacement.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Congrats on the Elise. Ardent Red is my favorite color on the Elise. Still miss the '05 that I ordered in Ardent.

As others have mentioned, the car doesn't need anything performance wise. They are incredible as they are. Trust the Lotus engineers to build an incredible road car. However, there are a couple minor convenience items and items that fix things that lotus did due to regulations rather than design that you may find helpful. My list is:

- S111 MicroMirror
- S111 Bootie
- S111 LidBone
- A nice non-droning exhaust to replace the stock boat anchor

Have fun with her!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on a great color and a smooth purchase from a good dealership. I was considering John Brothers before I found my Elise.

There's been a surge of new NJ / Philly Lotus owners recently. I can count 4 or 5 intro threads in the last few months. There are some great people here, newbies and veterans alike, so I'm sure you'll be well guided on mods!

There are a lot of good choices, but my first 3 months of ownership were mod free, kind of like the 1st date phase. Might not be a bad idea just to get to know the car! Then most people get an exhaust, do the (free) de-snorkle intake mod (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/easy-cheap-intake-mod-simple-enough-idiots-29978/index6.html), $50 HIDs, some interior mods for aesthetics. Another one of my favorites was the clutch stop mod.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101/normal-clutch-travel-59295/#post1056479
http://www.billswebspace.com/ClutchStopMod.pdf

Let me know if you need any help or just want to meet up. I'm in Philly all the time.

Definitely come to the Cars and Coffee events in the area so you can check out some other owners' mods. Cars and Croissants is only about 1.5 hours from you in North Jersey and it's every other weekend.

In the meantime, enjoy your dream Lotus and post more pics! I love seeing new Lotuses!

-Jerry

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I have both a hardtop and a softtop. It is definitely worth getting a softtop even at the dealer price.

After that you might want to get a plexiglass rear window shield. They sell on Lotus Talk for under $100 and prevent a rock that bounces into the car from shattering the rear window.

Congrats on the car!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts