The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my Kevin's Race splitter and a Difflow Railer Diffuser for a few years and been working on setups to not have to add a wing. Well I got a unbelievible deal on a APR GTC 200 wing and thought I would bit the bullet and go for it.

Well a 10 minute drive had me wanting to smack my head on the steering wheel.

The car is on rails!!! I ran it up to 130 with only one hand on the steering wheel. I have never felt the car so locked in. So then I headed to the twisties and could get on the power out of the corner soo much earlier and it shoots out like a rocket.

Cant wait to get my side skirts back on to complete my aero.

Overall I cannot be more thrilled. It really only looks obnoxious from the rear, but at that point, I'm in the lead, so dont care :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I just mounted my APR wing this past Saturday as well. If I could post the pics from my iPad I would.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Hope this works. Here is my wing.

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1350347827.830287.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
That splitter is perfect. Want.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
If you are talking about mine it was from one of Lowtush's group buys.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kevin's is a actual race part, so it is a bit expensive. But it bolts to the crash box, so it not a chin spoiler and is structual and doesnt flex. Plus it replaces the rear aluminum panel and has pretty tight cutouts for the suspention so no need to make aeroplates for the front.

And mine has been in 3 fields and a 120mph off at a track and has never been phased

Link to Kevin's Race Splitter

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/nci-full-race-splitter-94699/

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks for the props on the nci splitter Darrin. If anyone is interested in one? i have one ready to ship. Its in primer ready for your color of choice.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone wants to know why Kevins Splitter is so expensive, here is some pics of the workman ship and design work that went into mounted on his car. All the black pieces come with the kit.

The raised center section is there to allow air to still travel under the car under hard braking to maintain air traveling under the car to maintain downforce/vacuum just like proper race cars. I built similar splitters when I worked on Daytona prototypes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are a few more shots I wish Ihad a pick of my GUT to compare, but there really is no comparison and the GUT is not cheap.

No I do not get any money or deals from Kevin. Its just a product that I found so outstanding I am happy to share and recommend it highly. And it doesnt break or flex at high speed. My GUT did flex and made for some interesting drives so it just great to have something on my expensive car that I have confidence in.

Darrin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some more picks of the APR wing. Yes they has originally had to much angle of attack. The rear stuck like glue but made the front in push somewhat so I dialled it back and have a decent F&R balance currently. More testing is needed but I got it close for the moment

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
My car is 99% track use only and a wing with my GUTS splitter with APR spitter along with APR side skirts has been amazing downforce on track. But I am over 300hp also helps for the extra down force even short tracks

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
qz5gxt, That looks great. I cant wait to get my side skirts back on. Did APR have the splitter or did you have to go through the measurment process

I'm running right at 300hp so I can push through with the aero too. Just a awesome feeling!

·
Registered
650 Posts
qz5gxt, That looks great. I cant wait to get my side skirts back on. Did APR have the splitter or did you have to go through the measurment process

I'm running right at 300hp so I can push through with the aero too. Just a awesome feeling!

All I had to do was tell APR I had the GUT front splitter and they had the measurements and they fit a perfect lower splitter

1 - 20 of 25 Posts