The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from picking her up...2006 Chile red with track pack, touring, traction control, and limited slip differential.

Im gonna giver her a good detail and then post some pics.

Last summer i sold my Elise and got a viper srt-10, and missed the lotus really bad. The viper did nothing for me. It was a beautiful car with plenty of power, but honestly it didnt take me long to realize it just isnt for me.

With lotus there is no other ride like it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
wow, pretty rare find. congrats!!

post pics!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, pretty rare find. congrats!!

post pics!!
Yea it is, plus when i got the PPI done the lotus tech told me that it was one of the very first ones to arrive in this country. I thought that was kinda cool....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
An '06 with that many options is very rare... Although the track pack/Touring combo always confused me...

Congrats, the '06 is the "Original" Exige.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cant beleive how much i missed driving a lotus, there is nothing like it, but then on top of that is , its an exige!

I tried posting pics of it, but i fogot from before everytime i hit the upload button nothing happens. I will try to figure something out. Anyway, i have it on my avatar for now.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Just got back from picking her up...2006 Chile red with track pack, touring, traction control, and limited slip differential.

Im gonna giver her a good detail and then post some pics.

Last summer i sold my Elise and got a viper srt-10, and missed the lotus really bad. The viper did nothing for me. It was a beautiful car with plenty of power, but honestly it didnt take me long to realize it just isnt for me.

With lotus there is no other ride like it!!!!!!!!
I know what you mean about the Viper vs Lotus. I rented a Viper for one day recently and really enjoyed it. But when I drove my Elise the day after I really noticed how light and agile the Elise felt.

Anyways, congrats!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Interesting, all that hp under your belt and you still choose an elige. What makes the elige more fun?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I prefer the: "GO FAST + stop/turn on a dime" vs. "GO REALLY FAST!!!...brake....GO REALLY FAST!!!". But that's me.

But then, maybe I'm not a talented enough driver to harness the super high HP cars.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting, all that hp under your belt and you still choose an elige. What makes the elige more fun?
The exige is more fun because....

-your more connected to the car, and can *feel* it in the turns, which gives me an incredible rush..

-the go kartish feeling when driving it, so awesome!

-just sitting in it and feeling like being in a race car.

-the responsiveness

The viper got boring to me really quick. I loved the massive amount power, but i never felt connected to the car while driving. In the end, it couldve been a corvette or a camaro, it made no difference, just another car, but you can never say that about an exige or elise. I think the viper is an incredible vehicle, but just not my cup a tea!

·
2006 Exige
707 Posts
Congrats on your Exige!

I love car comparison talk.

I also owned an Elise and Viper SRT-10 before purchasing my Exige.

FUN:
Fun is the number one factor for me when it comes to cars. For me, the Elige is more fun for everyday driving on the streets where I live. The Viper was only fun at very illegal speeds. It was more like a highway cruiser and road trip car to me.

COSTS:
The Viper is a reasonably cheap car to own and maintain (compared to other cars with the same performance), but the Elige costs even less to drive. An 'exotic' car without the exotic drivetrain.

ATTENTION:
If you care about attention, both got about the same amount as far as I can remember. My Viper was blue with white stripes. My Elise and Exige: chrome orange.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on your Exige!

I love car comparison talk.

I also owned an Elise and Viper SRT-10 before purchasing my Exige.

FUN:
Fun is the number one factor for me when it comes to cars. For me, the Elige is more fun for everyday driving on the streets where I live. The Viper was only fun at very illegal speeds. It was more like a highway cruiser and road trip car to me.

COSTS:
The Viper is a reasonably cheap car to own and maintain (compared to other cars with the same performance), but the Elige costs even less to drive. An 'exotic' car without the exotic drivetrain.

ATTENTION:
If you care about attention, both got about the same amount as far as I can remember. My Viper was blue with white stripes. My Elise and Exige: chrome orange.
Wow you and me are almost identical paths....My Elise was chrome orange too, and my viper was blue (no stripes).

Yes, the fun factor is there with the Exige even simply driving down a city block at normal speeds.

When i test drove the Exige the other night, (it has been around a year since i was in a lotus), and as soon as i got in and started going, i was grinning from ear to ear. I knew right then and there, for sure, i am a true lotus die hard from here on out. Ive had my other brand of cars and they didnt cut it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts