The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 3 very long months i finally got my car back from being repaired. The front clam has been replaced along with HID's installed, mesh grilles and reverie side scoops. Sorry for the iphone pics, my camera was stolen recently and my new one has not arrived yet...

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks like they did a very good job. :clap:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other mod they did was the lidbone, but during idle i am hearing a rattling sound coming from the general area behind my head, it sounds like it might be that, anyone have and experience with that?

·
Registered
170 Posts
One other mod they did was the lidbone, but during idle i am hearing a rattling sound coming from the general area behind my head, it sounds like it might be that, anyone have and experience with that?
Yep, highly likely. You tighten it up, it doesn't work properly. You loosen it, rattles like... something... rattles... really bad. Well, you can find that sweet spot making it work well without chatter, but with all the vibrations and potholes etc, the noise will be back in few days. :tadts:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
yeah my lidbone doesn't rattle at idle but it howls on slowly decelerating in gear like my exhaust is falling out somewhere between 2k and 3k rpm at a very specific rpm... don't really notice it accelerating because i'm not staying at that rpm long enough. Still like it's function though. I think it might help to put some little plastic washes in there or strategically place some plastic strips to damp the sound

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
why was it gone for 3 months? what the hell happened?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i was not super concerned honestly due to constant blizzards. But the front clam was being replaced and just before that occurred i decide to add the cf side scoops, unfortunately they didn't arrive in time to get painted with the clam... etc etc. The moral of this story is don't crash your car. And yes they should all come with mesh grilles they really look so much better it is incredible. Sadly i only have 3 more days to drive it before i go to Australia for a month.:shift:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts