The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Here

After a very long wait, Park Place Ltd. finally has its first car!:clap:

Now, for those of you on our order list please call your salesman and schedule an appointment for your test drive.:D

The car has to go through the PDI on Monday before it can be driven, sorry guys, no drives this weekend.

I can hardly wait to get some seat time in this little bugger!

Talk to you soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks David,

I don't have a salesman anymore. Are those that were working with Rene just pick another salesman or will you set something up for us?

You can reach me at 206 818-6852

Is it available for viewing (not driving) over the weekend?

thanks,

-Donovan Pittman

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Donovan,

Yes indeed it is here to be seen. No drives though, I won't even let the owner drive it until after the PDI and boy is he dissappointed. Give David Bruski a call at 425-562-1000. He is on a demo in an Alfa right now and he will be back in about 30 minutes.

Dave

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
steuspeed said:
Is the car LSS or Non-LSS? If someone owns this car, how can they offer it for demo?
When David says that he won't let the owner drive it, I'm pretty sure he means the owner of the dealership.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steuspeed,
Did you think this is a clients car?? It is OUR demo car. The owner is the guy who signs my paycheck.

The next car coming here belongs to a client and it is NOT going to be demo'd by anyone.

Dave

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for the clarification. I met Sacha and saw the silver/red show car you brought down to PIR. I would love to see the saffron car. I talked to Rene some time ago, but I guess he is gone now. Who should I be talking to about deposit and test drive?

Stewart

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Steuspeed,

Talk to Jared or Dave Bruski at Park Place. Was there ealier today to take a look at the saffron demo. It is incredible. Had a crowd around the whole time I was there.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I drove the demo yesterday. Not much to add that everybody else hasn't said. Its awesome. A few things I noticed...

In the passenger seat, I noticed how stiff the suspension was right away (LSS car). Pretty bumpy. Once in the driver's seat I didn't even notice it. Loved it.

I thought the shifter was fine. Not Honda short but it clicks into each gear with a satisfying thump. I rather liked it. Didn't have any concerns with the clutch. I thought the take-up was just fine.

The brakes are good, just different. There is some give in the pedal and then boom, they hit hard. Not bad, just different than what I am used to.

Stereo sounds OK. Will sound good with upgraded speakers. But the head unit is way overly complicated to use. No biggie.

The exhaust sounds great. It doesn't sound like a V8 but doesn't sound like a typical 4 cylinder. Has a really nice aggressive tone.

The steering is sublime. Did manage to accidently honk the horn a couple of times!

Didn't go above 5000 RPMs but the power is great. I'm gonna go for another drive in a couple of weeks once they finish breaking it in.

I have a long agonizing wait ahead of me (39 on the list)

Thanks to Jared and the guys at Park Place for letting me take her for a spin...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove their demo car as well and came away quite happy that I ordered the LSS. And it is far superior car to the '97 I drove in the UK.

Park Place has seen only two cars come in that I am aware of. There are a number of deposits that were placed in March of '99, mine included. Seeing other dealerships that have had 5 or 10 times that number delivered is making me crazy! Hearing people on this forum whinge about a 12 month wait is making me grind my teeth!

But hats off to Dave D and Dave B for handling the allocation craziness and frustrated customers like me in a professional manner. :clap: But they may have to put up with me asking for weekly test drives for ahwile!

I expect to receive mine on the same day our 9 month-long rainy season starts in earnest.

BRP, LSS, Touring, Hardtop

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rugby? Why would I do that when I can get the same effect banging my head against the wall waiting for this car? However, my 6 year old son's team does an uncanny version of a scrum when they are allegedly playing soccer.

And I did have someone spend 90 minutes trying to explain the rules of cricket to me. It helped my attention span that he was buying the beers.....even if they were warm!

My claim to British sporting prowess is that I can pour a glass of champagne whilst handling a punt pole AND NOT SPILL A DROP!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I actually felt the LSS ride was acceptable myself in the demo. I was surprised, since I favor good ride over absolute handling (don't like super stiff shocks, excessive lowering, ultra low profile tires, etc.)

It was a bit jiggly, but if someone had told me this was the stock Elise ride, I probably would have found it acceptable if on the disappointing side. Certainly acceptable to me for a 20 mile round trip commute every day.

So if the stock suspension ride is signficantly better than the LSS Elise, I'll be really happy. For the long distance drives I want to use the Elise for, my main concern is the footwell space really (as far as moving them around to rest them, etc.) and being able to cross Oregon without having to refuel in that state...

DLY

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I just thought so because of your screen name. But we do have the fondness for beer in common.

What number on the list are you? I put my deposit down in Nov 02 - number 39. Really hoped Park Place would have recieved a larger allocation based on the amount of deposits they have. At least you will get your car this year....just in time for the rain.

Was your deposit originally for the M250?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The sad story is that my original deposit was with Ron Tonkin in Portland, the nearest Lotus dealer in 1996 when I placed it. They bailed on their Lotus dealership and I put a deposit down with Park Place in 99. I'm number 6, or is it 8? After waiting so long, the long-term memory is starting to go......

I did spend a few months thinking I would be driving the M250. It's much nicer looking than either of the two designs they are considering for the next version.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I also had a deposit down with Ron Tonkin!
They were going to get Lotus back when the Elise was announced, but Lotus wanted them to take on an Esprit and Ron refused so Lotus told them to suck it.

I was originally 23, then 32, than 39. List mix up at Park Place. At first I was pissed. But I just bought a new house that closes in November (way too much $$$) and have a bunch of other projects going on so now the wait doesn't bother me too much at all. Hopefully they will have some of the bugs taken care of by then. I expect my car in April-May.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Once again, Lotus USA and some random dealership get in a pissing match, and customers get soaked.

With the way they do business and select their dealerships, I'll be very surprised if Lotus survives their attempted reentry into the states.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts