The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my car with the boost gauge/oil temp gauge under the dash(in front of the shifter.) I wanted to add the A/F gauge for tuning, as well as safety but with my long legs it was impossible to see while driving.
The boost gauge fit perfect in the vent, although I had to do some cutting/molding to get the A/F gauge to fit. I made a block off plate for the A/C outlet under the dash(which I rarely use anyhow.)
Excuse the crappy phone pic. I left my camera at work.

Ignore the dials, will have her on the lift in the next couple of days to hook up the sender units in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
The boost gauge was almost a direct fit only requiring some minor toying with the dremel. I assumed that purchasing the same size gauge would net the same results on the other side, but the AEM was a bit larger in diameter and even if it fit would stick out too far. The majority of the labor for the boost gauge was removing the dash. For the W/B a lot of time was spent sanding, painting, and making a mount for the rear. Hard to say total time as I pulled everything apart over a week ago and only worked on it when I had some spare time.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Nice job; please post a driver's view pic when they're in.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added some installed pics

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LoL, fortunately the block off plate worked very well.... The side vents seem to flow almost 2x what they did before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts