The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea!

oh happy day!:clap:

joined because I am interested in purchasing an Elise, and want to learn as much as I can about this unique ride; knowledge is power!
I have read many of the posts, but have decided to join and get active. I had just recently began to feel almost like a peeping tom by viewing this forum without joining.:no:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
PERVERT!! How long have you been here?! Just watching...waiting...

Freak.

Welcome. Knock yourself out.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Howdey and welcome.:wave:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
It can be used as a daily driver, and you should get orange as it's clearly the best color. We have seen the underwater Elise, the barnfind, and even the one that fell off the lift!

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the insanity.
actually, I think insanity would be to buy a car other thna an Elise and expect it to behave as such.

btw, sorry to other posters about the comparo between Cayman ans Elise. I had suspected there were comparos, but didn't spend 1/2 a day wondering how many posts there would have been.:wallbang:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just thought I'd say hi too. I found this site late last year and have been reading up on tons of previous threads, but haven't participated much yet. I do not own an Elise yet, but possibly within a year I will. However, I am quite familiar with the 2ZZ engine being shared with my Vibe GT.

Can you all help me with some girl advice? There is this friend girl; I wonder if getting an Elise would impress her and make her want to be more than friends. I also bought her some really nice expensive jewelry and she really liked it. Any thoughts?:shrug:

Yes, that is sarcasm. I saw those threads along with all those famous reposts. This forum has been very informative regarding the Elise and quite entertaining at times!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Hey new guy...

...your fly is open.

MADE YOU LOOK!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Justin - The only advice I can give you is from Fred Sanford (Red Fox)

"MONEY CAN'T BUY LOVE, BUT IT CAN BUY SOMETHING THAT LOOKS AND ACTS JUST LIKE IT"

·
Registered
19 Posts
"MONEY CAN'T BUY LOVE, BUT IT CAN BUY SOMETHING THAT LOOKS AND ACTS JUST LIKE IT"
Exactly! rotfl

I was just rehashing those funny entertaining threads from the past. i.e. The guy that bought the expensive jewelry for his female friend. Honestly, when I decide to buy my Elise, I won't ever bring it up when I meet a girl. For the first several dates I would plan on strictly using my daily driver. Eventually, when I can tell the girl likes me for who I am, maybe then I would pick her up for a date and surprise her with the Elise. I do not want to meet a girl that is interested in me because of a fancy car. That is also one of the downsides that I see with this car. I do not want to be stereotyped into being some rich, shallow guy, but I'm sure there will always be some to do so.

What I want is a very fun to drive, true sports car, don't care if it is impractical, and the closest thing to a street legal go-cart as you can get. The Elise seems to fit the bill and I really like Colin Chapman's principles in the Lotus brand.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Exactly! rotfl

I was just rehashing those funny entertaining threads from the past. i.e. The guy that bought the expensive jewelry for his female friend. Honestly, when I decide to buy my Elise, I won't ever bring it up when I meet a girl. For the first several dates I would plan on strictly using my daily driver. Eventually, when I can tell the girl likes me for who I am, maybe then I would pick her up for a date and surprise her with the Elise. I do not want to meet a girl that is interested in me because of a fancy car. That is also one of the downsides that I see with this car. I do not want to be stereotyped into being some rich, shallow guy, but I'm sure there will always be some to do so.

What I want is a very fun to drive, true sports car, don't care if it is impractical, and the closest thing to a street legal go-cart as you can get. The Elise seems to fit the bill and I really like Colin Chapman's principles in the Lotus brand.
I've only seen 2 of your 4 posts (both in this thread) but i like you already.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts