The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a year late, but for my 50th birthday I treated myself to the Monaco GP. I saw Thursday practice from Rascasse, dinner Friday with Peter Windsor and Sebastian Vettel, and qualifying and the race from the 6th floor of an apartment building where I could see over 2/3 of the entire track! I managed to get a nasty cold just in time to fly home, but it was a trip to remember.

If anyone wants to check out some pix, click here, here, and here.

PS, if you look closely, you'll see I'm wearing my Lotus Talk shirt up on the roof of Rascasse, woohoo!!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
PS, if you look closely, you'll see I'm wearing my Lotus Talk shirt up on the roof of Rascasse, woohoo!!

That is awesome. Well, the trip must have been cool too. :) I am jealous. I did nothing like this for my 50th.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Awesome, would love to do Monaco one day. Was this a GPtours thing? If so, it sounds like you'd recommend the experience!:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like it was an awesome trip! If you would, tell us a little more about the tour..........was it well run, how was the Hotel, How close to the track were you, Etc. Ive wanted to go to Monaco GP for years, but every year I say "maybe next year".

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey, that's what I did for my 50th too! (and today's my 52nd!). Did you walk the track after the race?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Well it was a year late, but for my 50th birthday I treated myself to the Monaco GP. I saw Thursday practice from Rascasse, dinner Friday with Peter Windsor and Sebastian Vettel, and qualifying and the race from the 6th floor of an apartment building where I could see over 2/3 of the entire track! I managed to get a nasty cold just in time to fly home, but it was a trip to remember.

If anyone wants to check out some pix, click here, here, and here.

Funny, the topless sunbather caught my eye instead. :eek::D

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Sounds like it was an awesome trip! If you would, tell us a little more about the tour..........was it well run, how was the Hotel, How close to the track were you, Etc. Ive wanted to go to Monaco GP for years, but every year I say "maybe next year".

+1 How was GP tours? I'm lookingat the Brazil GP and I'm hung up on planning trip myself vs. using a tour service... Is it worth the premium for GP tours?

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
308 Posts
your 50? THATS OLD!!!!!!!! rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Just kidding what a great way to spend your 50th... congrats man

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, got the race day pix uploaded now, click here.

For those that wish to know more about GP Tours, please PM me.

Borat, I walked the track on Friday and picked up some tire "klag" inside the tunnel. Saw Eddy Jordan on the back of his giant yacht too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts