The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years and 26k miles later... Making my last payment on my Elise tomorrow morning. :clap:

I bought it for 26,500 back in 2009. So it seems I have paid almost 1.00 per mile of enjoyment. Cheapest fun EVER! Zero regrets!:cool:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Awesome man congrats! Now go out and have a lot of fun.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a good deal indeed! When I bought it the mileage was 24,000 so in 2009 this was considered a bit high. The carfax also indicated a repaired front fender area (cosmetic only) nothing bad. It was also just the right time. I think used these cars have not dipped below the 24k mark regardless of the model year. Lately they seem to have appreciated in value a bit.

·
Registered
736 Posts
That always feels good. A nice weight lifted. So now what are you gonna do with all that extra money? Another car?
Congrats

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I apply the Elise payment to my existing Shelby Mustang payment I can have the Shelby paid off by December.

Then its new car time. Gonna add car number 3 to the sports car stable. Can't wait!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Congrats man, I paid my Exige off last month and it felt fantastic! Go take her for a celebration drive!

·
Registered
543 Posts
congrats tko211

good feeling isn't it!

my dad asked what are my payments like and how many i had left. i said i only had one payment. but then i put a small car payment away for a dozen years prior to ...

either way, having a Lotus puts a serious grin on the face doesn't it! and i like your stable!
:cool:

·
Registered
736 Posts
If I apply the Elise payment to my existing Shelby Mustang payment I can have the Shelby paid off by December.

Then its new car time. Gonna add car number 3 to the sports car stable. Can't wait!
Nice choice in cars buddy. Is it the new '13 Shelby?
I'd like either the 2013 or 1965ish Shelby GT500.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice choice in cars buddy. Is it the new '13 Shelby?
I'd like either the 2013 or 1965ish Shelby GT500.
It's a 2007 Shelby GT. I've had it ordered and built just for me back in fall of 2006.
The 2013's are absolute BEASTS! I'd like one of those too but I'm thinking the next car will be different from the ShelbyGT and Elise...

Honestly I think I am set on an Aston Martin Vantage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts