The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 18 months of working, begging, and pushing we have a good, inexpensive 15x8" wheel option for the Lotus, exclusively from Blackwatch Racing and Team Dynamics!

As we all know the front of our cars needs more grip. There are very few wider tires available in 16" diameters, and 17" front wheels and tires are mostly too tall, upsetting the rake. There are some perfect sizes available in 15" but 15x7" wheels don't take advantage of the width of the tire.

Blackwatch introduced our Spec Bogart 3 piece wheel set in 15x8 and 17x9 which we run Hankook RS-3s with 200 treadware on completely stock elise bodywork.

- With these new TD wheels we have a more affordable option that lets you stretch out your 225/45R15s on the front with 15x8* and either 245 with 17x8 or 255/40R17s with 17x9s** on the rear.

- With this setup our SC Elise in fully streetable trim beat a well-prepared SS GS Corvette, driven by a nationals-level driver by over 2 seconds! The vette was on A6 Hoosiers!

Currently the 15x8s are available in Flat black, other colors to follow. We only have 2 sets of 17x9s available in Flat black.

If you want the fastest, most a cost-effective wide tire setup for your car, that looks great and made in the UK. Here it is.

Accepting orders & pre-orders now, first come-first served.

http://www.blackwatchracing.com/Team-Dynamics-Pro-Race-1-2-Wheels-16-30-p/1051.htm

* If you are using milled front steering arms or arms for more camber you will need a 0.190" spacer, which we have available.

** 17x9s fit fine with stock shocks, Blackwatch Racing Penskes, or Ohlins. If you have Nitrons that have hoses exiting toward the tire, you will need a spacer.

*** Exige Pic below has 17s on the front. Just showing how awesome the TDs look on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Those look pretty damn sweet. Would love to see pics on an Elige with stock suspension and 15x8 in the front and 17x9 in the back.

·
Vendor
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are the Bogarts with the same size tires to give you an idea. The diameters are on the big side, which fills up the gaps well.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very nice wheels indeed. I think I'll be the first one to order a spare set for track for my Cup 260.
Are those forged ? How light they are?

What would be the recommended setup for Cup 260 with either Hoosier or R800?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They are the lightest wheels I've ever experienced. I don't have the exact weights because I've only had them with tires on them but I lost 22lbs total when going from the stock wheels/tires (not LSS wheels) to these bad bears with 225/245 Hoosiers on them.

They are super light. I'd highly recommend them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What's the weight?

To me, looks come in 2nd, performance 1st. What is the weight of these rims?

·
Registered
136 Posts
The ones I have right now are the Cup ones. As far as I know they are very light. I'm looking for a comparison between those two.

Here are mine :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Actual weights on the site for each size would be nice...

The stock cast wheels feel like they are filled with lead or something, so even if these are heavier than some other options, they may represent an improvement for a very nice price.

·
Vendor
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It really depends on what you're looking for:

The Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 are Cast wheels so they are a bit heavier, BUT remember you will make up more time with wider wheels PERIOD. If you're just cruising around and want the wide look and the performance, these are a great fit. If you want great grip and handling but not spend $2500 on a set of wheels, these are a great fit.
15x8s are about 16 lbs and the 17x8s are about 19 lbs. Width ads weight but also grip.

The Team Dynamics Forged wheels are 13.6lbs Front and 17.2lbs Rear on the 16x7 and 17x8. These are slightly wider versions of the S260 wheels. Very Light and super strong.
Team Dynamics Pro Race Pro Race 1.4G Forged Wheels - Blackwatch Racing

The BWR Bogarts pictured now have available milled centercaps that fit our 60mm Black Lotus wheel badges which look very sharp. These are the lightest wheels available in 15x8 and 17x9. The fronts weigh 14ish and the rears are 16ish lbs. These are proper 3 piece wheels with spun 6061 inners and outers allowing you to make them wider later just by replacing the outer shell. Standard on the COPO Camaro and used everywhere as proper roadrace wheels.

Blackwatch Racing 3 piece Bogart Wheels

·
Vendor
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Khaled,

The BWR 3 piece Bogarts are lighter for more width as well as being changeable later. Pricing is pretty close between the two. On our street Lotus we run 15x8.5" up front and they are less than 15lbs. Per post above the Forged TDs are 16x7(stock is 16x6.5) and are 13.6lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts