The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flew into baltimore last night after being stuck at the airport all day yesterday. I know terrible weekend to be doing this. Got to pick up the my 2002 chrome orange esprit outside of washington d.c. this afternoon. Im driving it back to texas. I've made it about 500miles so far trouble free. Glad i missed most of the crappy weather. I'll post pics up later. So exciting! This car is amazing. Seems to be doing around 24-26mpg at around 80mph, which pretty good in my opinion. The gearing on this car is a little strange. Seems much more import/close ratio than expected. the gap from 4th to 5th feels big. Cant wait to get it home safely, detailed up, get it up to date on maint. and show it off. :coolnana:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Where in Texas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all support guys, and offer to crash at your place. Im headed towards dallas, quickest path was through virginia- tennessee - arkansas- texas. Im in at little rock for the night. 1050miles so far. I love this thing so much, i can just roll into 5th gear and pass people effortlessly. I got on it alittle more in 2/3 gears. You can definitely tell when the stock ecu tune is holding back boost and timing. I've been using the good ol' blue painters tape clear bra to protect the front end on the journey. I've been asked what kind of ferrari it is already, had atleast 20-30 pictures taken, and tons of other attention. i thought i knew what to expect having been in slr's, carrera gt's and driving high profile benz's daily but wow. Tons of attention as ya'll know, everyone seems to love the car and compliment it. Most of the younger people know its not a lambo or ferrari but still dont know what it is. I've known about esprits since i was in 2nd or 3rd grade. anyways enough yappin heres the pics...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Awesome! Enjoy the ride...

I find younger kids know the Esprit due to some of the video games out there...
The older crowd remembers them fairly well.

Been my favorite since 5th grade (I am 43 now) and after 11 years of ownership I am still thrilled every time I step into my garage. Every time... -eek-

Cameron

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
NICE! Good Lotus group here in DFW though not many Esprit's!

First thing to do when you get home is remove those silly stickers the dealership put on the rear end.. :)

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Sweet!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.