The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you all might enjoy this little narrative to help tide us over while we wait...

I just got back for MAG in Columbus, Ohio and saw the Ardent Red car that's in town for the Columbus Auto Show. I have not seen the car since a test drive of the Cobalt Blue Euro-spec demo last summer. Looking at all the changes to the car over the past months, I've been apprehensive about how the car will look in the flesh.

All I can say is that I am thrilled with what we'll be getting here in the States.

After seeing the reflectors and the new hoodline, my fears have been put to rest...the exterior of the car still looks unbelievably good. Additionally, the airbag wheel is no larger and arguably looks better than the alcantara-covered wheel. My other concern about the new dash vents looking a bit bug-eyed were also put to rest. The sun visors are almost invisble and it even looks like the *&%$# warning label for the airbag can be easily removed. I also agree with everyone's assessment that the Federal version feels more solid.

A big "Thank You" to Mike Finneran and Midwestern Auto Group for their usual top-notch service. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Blue :(

I spoke to two salespeople; one I specifically said they only had the Red, the other made no mention of any other cars while we were discussing the Red one.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The nightfall blue car would most certainly be a euro spec 111s, the one that many of us drove last year. Only six non test US spec cars (counting the bordeaux that Tony S. drove around LA).

The magnetic blue US car is going to be at the Atlanta show this weekend.
Chris

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope - no hard top on the red one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
The nightfall blue car would most certainly be a euro spec 111s, the one that many of us drove last year. Only six non test US spec cars (counting the bordeaux that Tony S. drove around LA).

The magnetic blue US car is going to be at the Atlanta show this weekend.
Chris
Not according to the salesman - last Thursday, he stated to me "two Federalized ones just rolled off the truck (Ardent Red and Nightfall Blue)". I was assured that the blue was NOT the Euro-spec model. (He refused to show me the blue one, although he was trying to sell it over the phone to a "priveleged" customer).

But he may not have known what he was talking about - it wouldn't be the first time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts