·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Sorry, I'm offtopic.gif ,
but man, I haven heard from you in ages!!!
Seems like the entire PDX crowd is still hybernating, and I think it's time to finally wake up kookoo.gif

How about a drive on one of those soon to come sunny days :shift:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I'm View attachment 80404 ,
but man, I haven heard from you in ages!!!
Seems like the entire PDX crowd is still hybernating, and I think it's time to finally wake up View attachment 80405

How about a drive on one of those soon to come sunny days :shift:
I've just been hella busy lately. We need to get something together!:shift:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
heroic?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Sometimes I come across little things like that and it makes me smile. Here's a recent one:

FOXNews.com - Lost Voicemail of Man's Dead Wife Restored by Phone Company - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

RVINGTON, N.Y. — An 80-year-old man who thought he'd lost the only recording of his dead wife's voice can hear her again, any time he wants. When Verizon upgraded Charles Whiting's telephone service, his wife's voice, saying, "Catherine Whiting," disappeared from his voicemail system.

She had died in 2005 and Whiting said he listened to her voice every day for comfort. He blamed Verizon for the loss, saying, "Now they took her voice away."

But Verizon had archived all the old greetings and messages. Company spokesman John Bonomo said Tuesday that a contractor found the recording and restored it to the new voicemail system.

"I'm glad they rescued it," Whiting said. "I'm very happy."
Yeah, pessimists probably say it was a publicity stunt, but I'm giving Verizon the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
"Yes, dear, I remembered to pay the insurance premium. I signed it Catherine Whiting, of course. Where am I? I'm coming down the mountain right now and about to turn into our driveway.

Harry! Something's wrong with the brakes! The brakes don't work! The pedal goes right to the floor! Harr..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts