The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been meaning to post pics of my Exige for about a month now, but i just need some good weather so that i could get her out and take some proper pictures of her.

I found her just outside of Los Angeles and had her shipped to Ohio after about 4 months of searching, and having one other sale fall through during the search. I had every intention of buying an Elise, because at the time I had given up on finding an Exige that was in my budget. But after finding an Elise with all the options / mileage that i wanted and having that fall through, i found an Exige with fewer miles and although a few grand more, i just couldn't pass it up. (esp when the wife gave me the go ahead)

its an unmolested 06 chrome orange which was my first choice in color...second being aspen white. when i took delivery the car only had 8K on the clock, and although im the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner only had it for 4 months and only put 500 miles on it. It had a clean carfax and the inspection at Galpin came back with flying colors. Only thing that needed to be done was put a new set of tires on it.

So with that being said here are a few shots i took a couple weeks ago. Im glad to finally be an owner of a car that i have lusted after for years.

Exige2 by monarchydesign, on Flickr

Exige4 by monarchydesign, on Flickr

Exige7 by monarchydesign, on Flickr

Exige6 by monarchydesign, on Flickr

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
Watch out for those Ohio cops !! ( Der's a lotta dem !! )

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congratulations... so happy for you...
Took me a while too... was looking for a specific colour and it fell through twice...ended up buying new...
is it an "S"?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations... so happy for you...
Took me a while too... was looking for a specific colour and it fell through twice...ended up buying new...
is it an "S"?
its not an S...its a NA 06. I hope to go the supercharger route this winter...but im enjoying her just how she is right now. thank god i havent had the opportunity to drive or ride in a S or an ELISE SC, because right now she feels plenty quick. And i dont have the funds for that bug to bite me right now. :D

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!! Once I took my first ride I was absolutely consumed until I got one of my own. Its strange, I never had so many issues with sellers buying a car before. And that was at full price offers!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CONGRADULATIONS!! Once I took my first ride I was absolutely consumed until I got one of my own. Its strange, I never had so many issues with sellers buying a car before. And that was at full price offers!!!!
If i would have had to pay full price for the car as it was listed, it wouldnt be sitting in the garage today. Luckily after talking to the guy on the phone for about 30 minutes we came to a deal and I was able to get him to sell it, somewhat within the budget....but yeah, the hunt was fun at times, and grueling at others. but all the same, i kinda miss the hunt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
+1 ...ive had a ton of porsches, and never had i had so much trouble buying a car, then with the exige. most sellers don't reply to PM's or phone calls. absolutely ridiculous to sit around with money in hand, and not have somebody give you a call back.

congratulations to the OP on his treasure....

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Seems orange is the most popular color for Lotuses.. But I never get sick of looking at it!

Photo is undersaturated. Doesn't look like chrome orange.. more like a cream orange.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congratulations! I got a fantastic deal on my 06 chrome orange exige with only 8000 miles as well. The chrome orange is an absolutely stunning color and will bring ENDLESS attention. Just the other day I drove a random kid home because the first thing he asked when he saw me in it was for a ride :)

I'm coming up on the end of my first year of ownership and about to hit 20,000 miles and still not even close to sick of it.

Also, great choice on tires. If you DD like me, it's impractical to have R888s or the stock yoko tires as you chew through them too fast haha. I've found the dunlops are a great compromise between comfort, tread life, noise level, and price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, once i took my first ride, i had to be consumed as my first ride was when i too delivery. It was a leap of faith, and one that i lost sleep over and had no fingernails for a good week, but all is good. I took my first drive and it was everything that i had hoped it would be. Im still quite smitten.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems orange is the most popular color for Lotuses.. But I never get sick of looking at it!

Photo is undersaturated. Doesn't look like chrome orange.. more like a cream orange.
the photos are a little under saturated, i tried not to go too crazy with it, but its funny that you say orange is the most popular color, i had a horrible time finding a chrome orange ELISE or EXIGE. everything that i was finding at the time was Titanium Gray, Carbon Gray, Black or Yellow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice looking car. Congrats and welcome to the 06 club. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
congrats on the buy! also, good taste! orange was also my first choice and then white.. but I ended up with a white 06 at the end.. no regrets!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't like orange at first, this thread completely changed my mind.
Thanks for all the compliments, I love the car and the color is def one of my favorite parts about the car, the way that it changes in different lighting is amazing. I think the one thing that is surprising is the amount of attention that it gets. Ive never been one to drive something to get attention, and while doing research i knew that people said that it would take some getting used to, but holy crap...i had no idea it would be like this.

So far its all been good attention, except i had my first run in today with a guy at the shell station, who was driving a modded WRX, who looked at me and said "nice car....too bad it only has a celica motor in it." I just replied with "it gets the job done." But at the same time, a cop pulls into the station, gets out of his car and walks up to me and tells me that he will be waiting for me up the road. I politely responded "why is that"...and jokingly he said, cause you gotta get a ticket in this thing!" LOL...and then he proceeded to ask about the car. All in all its been fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts