The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After making a deal over two weeks ago, my Evora has been up at the Lotus dealer getting a new AC condenser. Finally, I got the call and picked it up tonight!

My anticipation and excitement was dampened a bit when I noticed a few minor items that I hadn't noticed before - nor did my wife. I'm pretty detail-oriented and would have definitely noticed the munged up insulation and hose behind the rear window/firewall. The driver's side A frame pillar was cracked too. Little things, I know and the dealer said he'd handle them, but I wasn't thrilled by the fact that they weren't there before and I had to find them and call them out to my sales guy. Dealership management promised to take care of them, but it's annoying - especially after waiting two and a half weeks.

I also found the driver's side seat belt retractor isn't working and the passenger window doesn't auto-close all the way when closing the door (but will close all the way with the switch). Warranty items for sure - and I have a year left - but a bit of a pain nonetheless.

All that aside...I am so happy with this car! It handles incredibly well and is such a comfortable, well mannered car. I really see how it can be a daily driver. It is such great looking car too. I just went out to the garage to get a beer, opened the door and smiled...I had almost forgotten I what a bad ass, awesome car I now have in my possession. Can't wait to spend more time with it - and enjoy many more smiles - in the days to come.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
After making a deal over two weeks ago, my Evora has been up at the Lotus dealer getting a new AC condenser. Finally, I got the call and picked it up tonight!

My anticipation and excitement was dampened a bit when I noticed a few minor items that I hadn't noticed before - nor did my wife. I'm pretty detail-oriented and would have definitely noticed the munged up insulation and hose behind the rear window/firewall. The driver's side A frame pillar was cracked too. Little things, I know and the dealer said he'd handle them, but I wasn't thrilled by the fact that they weren't there before and I had to find them and call them out to my sales guy. Dealership management promised to take care of them, but it's annoying - especially after waiting two and a half weeks.

I also found the driver's side seat belt retractor isn't working and the passenger window doesn't auto-close all the way when closing the door (but will close all the way with the switch). Warranty items for sure - and I have a year left - but a bit of a pain nonetheless.

All that aside...I am so happy with this car! It handles incredibly well and is such a comfortable, well mannered car. I really see how it can be a daily driver. It is such great looking car too. I just went out to the garage to get a beer, opened the door and smiled...I had almost forgotten I what a bad ass, awesome car I now have in my possession. Can't wait to spend more time with it - and enjoy many more smiles - in the days to come.

:up: ***LIKE***

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Try opening doors and rolling windows all the way up with car on
Turn off the car
Close the door (do not slam)
Turn car back on
Check to see if the window goes up on its own
Check the seat belt tensioner again

Have had this happen a couple times while installing stereo and cycling power

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Evora heightens the anticipation and excitement - I'm a year in and I still get a sense of expectation every morning getting going to work. I'm glad you don't get distracted by the small stuff. Sounds like you can go for a drive, grab a beer on the way back to the couch and feel like a driving hero - what's not to like! A year in and the car just gets better and better. Some of the rough edges are now badges of honour, wear them with pride. I've been to Hethel and what those guys do for the money is truly unparalleled in my opinion.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try opening doors and rolling windows all the way up with car on
Turn off the car
Close the door (do not slam)
Turn car back on
Check to see if the window goes up on its own
Check the seat belt tensioner again

Have had this happen a couple times while installing stereo and cycling power
Chhirowolf - Thank you! That did it, for the window, at least. It now auto-closes like it should. The seat belt tensioner still doesn't work properly, so I guess that'll stay on my warranty fix list. Thanks again!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Great
Have you pulled the seat belt all the way out of the tensioner?
My driver side belt gets twisted sometimes and jams the tensioner.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...forgot to mention...I did pull it out all the way, gave it a few good pulls and fiddled with the bracket and the cap and it's working now! Two problems solved before 7am today! :) Thanks for the pointers!

Later today i'm going to see if I can fix the issue with boot / hatch latch not latching at all...which sucks...as anyone can walk up and open it and I have to manually lock the doors or they won't lock because the system thinks the boot is open. Dealer ordered a part, but thought it might be worth a look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Later today i'm going to see if I can fix the issue with boot / hatch latch not latching at all...which sucks...as anyone can walk up and open it and I have to manually lock the doors or they won't lock because the system thinks the boot is open. Dealer ordered a part, but thought it might be worth a look.

First of all didn't we tell you that you'd enjoy it:)

As for the boot - make sure the catch on the lock isn't clicked to lock. There's a way to over-ride the lock so it doesn't latch, for example to run a battery tender wire out. It may just be locked and need to be released.

Sorry it's a bad description but I need to be looking at it to explain properly....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...I'll check the latch later today...hopefully that'll be all it is. And yes, I'm enjoying it...and so far the biggest smiles have been driving around with my teenage boys and seeing the smiles on their faces. :)

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Perfect! Thanks your the links! I'd much rather wrap it myself than deal with my dealer - who then deals with the Lotus dealer - to try and acquire another hose, which sounds like it'll have the same issue before too long. But I do want them to replace the firewall insulation they messed up!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Based upon the other threads we wrapped our vent hose. Turned out well and will hopefully protect it from disintegrating. Living so far away from a dealer forces one to be very proactive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts